"Bem-vindo em Alcoutim" Alcoutim by Taffi
Alcoutim Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 70 photos
Povo que lavas no rio
Que talhas com teu machado
As tábuas do meu caixão...
Much to the despair of some friends and relatives, and to the joy of others :o), I have become very interested in Alcoutim in recent years. In 2003-2004 I worked as a volunteer for the local development association. Having a hard time at first, I was won over completely by the charms of this unusual place. It is a small, peaceful town in a very nice setting.
The village is of historical importance because of its strategic location on the border with Spain. Those who are interested can read more about its history in the travelogue section.
Pictures on these pages by my friends Sophie, Liesel and Katleen as well as myself.
The Alcoutim area is nice for walking, which has just been discovered by the tourist board, which is developing... more travel advice
When the border between Spain and Portugal was closed, smuggling was a popular albeit dangerous way of making ends meet.... more travel advice
- Couleur Locale
- See All Public transport
- See All Passivity tip
- What nightlife?
Taffi's Related Pages
Alcoutim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bem-vindo em Alcoutim"
- "Alcoutim - Menhirs, castle and river"
- "By the Guadiana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alcoutim
- Hotels in Alcoutim
- Transportation in Alcoutim
- Restaurants in Alcoutim
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alcoutim
- 24 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Alcoutim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alcoutim
Photos in AlcoutimSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Alcoutim Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aarschot Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cluj-Napoca Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Romania Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Região Autónoma da Madeira Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sanlùcar de Guadiana Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Singeorz-Bai Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bouillon Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.