"Bem-vindo em Alcoutim" Alcoutim by Taffi

Alcoutim Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 70 photos

Povo que lavas no rio
Que talhas com teu machado
As tábuas do meu caixão...

Much to the despair of some friends and relatives, and to the joy of others :o), I have become very interested in Alcoutim in recent years. In 2003-2004 I worked as a volunteer for the local development association. Having a hard time at first, I was won over completely by the charms of this unusual place. It is a small, peaceful town in a very nice setting.

The village is of historical importance because of its strategic location on the border with Spain. Those who are interested can read more about its history in the travelogue section.

Pictures on these pages by my friends Sophie, Liesel and Katleen as well as myself.

• Last visit to Alcoutim: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2005

• Mar 21, 2006 at 8:35 AM

We zijn er dank zij jou naartoe gegaan en we blijven dat maar doen. 'Het' heeft ons te pakken. Bedankt en tot ziens

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2005 at 2:24 PM

This was the highlight of our last trip to algarve, we even looked houses to buy there LOL, I guess you may go for the festival :-)))

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 11:34 PM

"what nightlife?" :)) very funny :)) well .. the area seems very nice to drive around and see quiet little villages

• mcb's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 2:55 PM

I love Alcoutim too... i usualy go there with the boat and down to Atlantic. Guadiana is a very beautiful river.

• bambino36's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 6:25 PM

Excellent page. Cheers

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2004 at 1:04 PM

Beautiful page. I like your photos

• Mar 6, 2004 at 8:25 AM

Never heard of the place... but if I 'm ever in the neighbourhood... I'm gonna see some of it ;-) nice page!

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 11:44 AM

NICE WARM PLACE TTO DO VOLUNTEER WORK ,YOU GOT LUCKY

Taffi

“panta rhei”

Badges & Stats in Alcoutim

Have you been to Alcoutim?

Latest Activity in Alcoutim