"La vida loca" Sanlùcar de Guadiana by Taffi
Sanlùcar de Guadiana Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos
A tiny, tiny village it is, but it has been there for a very, very long time. The origins of Sanl?car date back to prehistoric times. The Romans stopped by, and the Moorish kings named it. Sanl?car means "place situated on the east bank of a river". Do not confuse it with Sanl?car de Barrameda or Sanl?car la Mayor, which also exist.
While I was working in Alcoutim I lived in Sanl?car. I could tell you that there is nothing to see in this tiny village, but then I wouldn't be doing it justice. Or would I?
At times Sanl?car was Portuguese and it was called "Sanl?car de Alcoutim", after its slightly larger neighbour across the Guadiana. At times it was Castilian, as well as Alcoutim. The Guadiana was finally established as the border between the kingdoms of Portugal and Castille in the 13th century.
- Pros:laid back, pleasant
- Cons:tourism is tightening its grip, but you can't have your tapas and eat them :-)
Explore the surroundings on foot or by bike. Winter is a nice season for walking, but the best is spring, between late... more travel advice
In my travelogue I am proposing a number of walks in the area. As I say there, winter is one of the best seasons for... more travel advice
Taffi's Related Pages
Sanlùcar de Guadiana Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sanlùcar de Guadiana
- Hotels in Sanlùcar de Guadiana
- Transportation in Sanlùcar de Guadiana
- Restaurants in Sanlùcar de Guadiana
- Warnings and Dangers in Sanlùcar de Guadiana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sanlùcar de Guadiana
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sanlùcar de Guadiana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sanlùcar de Guadiana
Top 10 Pages
- Alcoutim Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aarschot Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cluj-Napoca Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Romania Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Região Autónoma da Madeira Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sanlùcar de Guadiana Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Singeorz-Bai Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bouillon Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.