"WELKOM!" Taffi's Profile

I visit VT so rarely these days that each time I do it feels like a comeback! I have spent some time in Stockholm, Sweden in September, October and November 2007. I haven't done many 'touristy' things, but I'm still going to add a few tips that might be useful....

My travels are now temporarily suspended - trying to finish my PhD!.

PS As a rule I do not reply to mail messages by people who do not appear to be genuine VT members.

Where I am

I live in Aarschot, a small town in the northern half of Belgium.

Where I like to be

My favourite places include the inland Algarve, southern and northern Spain, northern Italy, Ireland, Scotland and Romania.

What I do

I am working on a research project on migration at the University of Leuven.c*

What I like to do

Obviously, travelling is one of my hobbies. I am happiest when i am on the road. Apart from travel I enjoy hiking, bars and cafes, reading, writing, music, and foreign languages.

About my name

"And his little girl-daughter's name was Taffimai Metallumai, and that means, 'Small-person-without-any-manners-who-ought-to-be-spanked'; but I 'm going to call her Taffy. And she was Tegumai Bopsulai's Best Beloved and her own Mummy's Best Beloved, and she was not spanked half as much as was good for her; and they were all three very happy. "

Rudyard Kipling, How The First Letter Was Written

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Happy B/D!

• Delia_Madalina's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I just saw your question on the forum for Romania. I'm not a driver but I will ask around. You're coming here for hiking?

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2008 at 9:00 PM

happy and free in your days of winter and get all what you want in your great time of birthday, wish from BURMA

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 4:35 AM

Another person quoting Rudyard Kipling in intro page :-) Greetings from Kragujevac, Serbia I&V

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2007 at 3:21 PM

Happy Birthday! May you have a long life full of great travels.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Happy Birthday, Ann! Have a fantastic day!

• takla73's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Happy Happy birthday ANN and have a nice day Greeting from Alexandria Egypt TAKLA

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2006 at 12:12 PM

I thank you for the sweet birthday greetings, and I wish you also many happy back to you, too and all loves and goods! Gabriela

• JustaDreamin's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 3:27 PM

Hey Ann, birthday wishes to you from sunny Southern California!! Hope you had an awesome day!!!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 12:10 PM

Have a lovely birthday.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!