"Mayberry Village People" Mayberry Village by Tooker

Mayberry Village Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 11 photos

Remember These People:

First I would like to say that I am Proud to have had the experience and opportunity of growing up in Mayberry Village during my childhood years of 1942 thru 1960.
All of us kids knew each other, and everyone got along with one another. No gangs, No fights, No discrimination, just a lot of Fun and Respect for one another, and their Familys. And to this day, We still have the respect for each other, and their well being.
I would like to apologize for anyone I may have forgotten, I made my best effort. And I know I mispelled a lot of the names. I know the people involved, and they would not be upset.
I will be able to update this information, for any changes anyone would like me to make or add. Which will be appreciated by any of my childhood friends, which hopefully find their way to this Site.

( I still have a few more names to add yet.) plus a Chapter on some of our accomplishments.
(I would like to thank Alan Brown & his Family, for the helpful information they have given me.)

Thank you.
Here is my E-Mail Address that was assigned to me when I developed this site.
It is -- Tooker@vtmail.com
Also to return to this site easily, here is the address: http://members.virtualtourist.com/tooker

Barry McKelvey (Tooker)

Please click on the (Things To Do) link below; Near the Bottom of this Page, for a Full listing of the Mayberry Village People.

• Pros:What a Great Memory.
  • Cons:Things have changed, just like the rest of the world.
  • In a nutshell:What a Wonderful Past, to Remember.
  • Last visit to Mayberry Village: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2011

• Oct 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hi Tooker. Was "Augies" also called Augie and Ray's? We remember Ray Hutt, in our high School Class. He played football for the Hornets. Augie and Ray's had really good chili dogs. Hope you are well, and as good at sports as I remember.

• towie's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 10:51 AM

The string fences in the front yards where our parents always tried to grow grass. Going to the community building to get a lawn mower to cut the grass. Sleding in the streets during the winter and getting thrown when we hit a dry spot.

• May 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Great site!! Brought back so many fond memories for both of us. Still in touch with many friends from the Village. Welcome emails from more of them. Bob (Bobby) and Sylvia Sawyer Craig

• Apr 24, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Mayberry teachers: Mrs. Otis (Little Red Principal/teacher) Mrs. Lupi, kndrgrtn, Mrs. Gruber, 1st grade, Mrs. Cote, subbedwhen Mrs. Lupi died my kndrgrtn yr, Mrs. McCarthy, 2nd grade Cmunty Bldng.

• Apr 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Everyone loved their Mayberry Village childhood!!! Amazing times. Enjoyed your site and will pass it along to the 'younger Villagers'. Cookie Rudolph Powers 6Easton Street

• Apr 9, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Great site - My family and I can help with missing people - there are eight of us who still remember. Alan Brown

• Apr 2, 2008 at 7:44 PM

I lived in E. Htfd. during the 1950's & was a regular at Augie & Ray's. At this time the restaurant was a small "shack" building, like a 50's car hop. Great Food!!! With all the business they did, they were able to expand and build the eat-in restaurant .

• onecut's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 6:20 PM

Enjoed this page very much thank you

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 9:10 PM

Wonderful page Barry.. I wonder how many new members this will bring? I am sure someone reading this, will know somone on your list of old friends.. I hope.. ;-)

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2003 at 5:37 AM

I like this page Barry. And a Happy Birthday!!!

Tooker Used To Live Here!

Tooker

“I Condone Honesty and a No Nonsence Demeanor.”

Badges & Stats in Mayberry Village

Have you been to Mayberry Village?

Latest Activity in Mayberry Village