"Ala Archa" Nizhnyaya Ala-Archa by Eish
Nizhnyaya Ala-Archa Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Our last day in Bishkek and we chose to go to Ala Archa.
Once again, the devastation that the Kyrgyz weather wreaks on their infrastructure horrified me. We saw a road and bridge that had been washed away by a mudslide that had prevented us visiting Ala Archa 3 weeks' before. Houses in a village were devastated, some with rooms tilted at angles or completely washed away. There was a stone and mud "path" through the middle of the village - houses had once been there but had been washed away.
One person was killed and 4 people were still missing.
Once we got past the wreckage, and into the gorge (gorgeous!), the boys came alive! What a pleasure for them to see the scenery and to experience lunch the the children and I had so many times.
- Pros:Close to Bishkek: accessible, beautiful
- Cons:Close to Bishkek: can have many people
We had a picnic under a happiness tree - the usual bread, cheese, sausages, tomato, cucumber and of course tea. Some... more travel advice
Eish's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Nizhnyaya Ala-Archa
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nizhnyaya Ala-Archa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nizhnyaya Ala-Archa
Top 10 Pages
- Osh Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karakol 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Johannesburg 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Naryn Oblasty Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Mozambique Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Simon's Town 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Cape Town 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Sary-Tash Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Royal Natal National Park 4 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.