"Osh" Osh by Eish
Osh Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 73 photos
The architecture is Soviet modern, but the city celebrated its 3000'th birthday in October 2000. This legacy is what you feel as you walk through the streets and meet Osh's people. It is a warm place, full of energy, and full of the spirit of being at a crossroad on the Silk Road.
Sitting in a tearoom watching the local boys dive off a bridge into the river is the perfect occupation when you are all shopped/toured out. We turned a polite blind eye when the soap came out.
The bazaar is such fun. Shopping for food, Kalpak's (felt hats), an emergency horseshoe for your horse, or horsemeat salami - whatever takes your fancy.
- Pros:Vibey, energetic cultural experience
I apologise - I do not have the contact details for this home. I just remember it was Imogen's house. It is a... more travel advice
This place is not only for children: there are some rides that adults can go on, plus some great places to see Osh's... more travel advice
Eish's Related Pages
Osh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3000 year old Osh"
- "The south of Kyrgyzstan"
- "Back On The Road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Osh
- Hotels in Osh
- Transportation in Osh
- Nightlife in Osh
- Restaurants in Osh
- Warnings and Dangers in Osh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Osh
- 7 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Osh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Osh
Photos in OshSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Osh Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karakol 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Johannesburg 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Naryn Oblasty Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Mozambique Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Simon's Town 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Cape Town 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Sary-Tash Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Royal Natal National Park 4 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.