"Mo' Horizon" Eish's Profile
I lead a very lucky life! My favourite travel companions are my family. I discover more about my family through every journey we go on, and more about each destination through my family.
Still to come:
Johannesburg and Gauteng: Magaliesberg, Apartheid Museum, Sci Bono Centre (done), Gold Reef City, Alex, Lion Park (done), De Wildt, Zoo Lake, Mangwanani, Constitutional Court (done), sports tips including the Walk-the-talk and 94.7 Cycle Race (done)
Northern Cape: Augrabies (2005) (done)
Western Cape: Cape Town (partially done), Simonstown, Kommetjie
Kwazulu Natal: Drakensberg (Cathedral Peak, Tendele - partially done), Lake St Lucia and Cape Vidal, Falaza, Leopard Mountain Lodge, Ithala Game Reserve, Ramsgate
Mpumulanga: Kruger Park, Pilgrim's Rest, Rooi Ivoor Trail
Lucky that I have a mountain climber for a hubbie, and 2 adventurous souls for children. While my husband climbed Pik Lenin, we toured this magnificent country, and landed up in Base Camp to wait for him as he came down the mountain.
This was perfect travel: new experiences every day, remote and magnificent locations, and a month to be with my little monkeys discovering the world through their eyes.
I have maintained tips for Kyrgyzstan as a whole, plus some more detail on various areas in the country. These include the capital, Bishkek, and places nearby like Tokmak and the Burana Tower, and Ala Archa. Our travels took us to Issyk Kul, where I have maintained tips on the area in general, as well as some specific diversions nearby like Barskoon Gorge, the petroglyphs at Cholpon Ata, the village of Karakol, Ak-Say and hiking in Altyn Arushun, and things to do on the lake itself. In the south, on the border with China, you will find some tips on Naryn and surrounds, and At Bashy.
I have a brief tip on Toktugul.
Lastly, there are tips on the 3000-year old city Osh, as well as the climbing trip to Pik Lenin which is covered in the page on Sary Tash.
Still to come in detail, but some basic tips are there now.
Still under construction
Thanks to my daughter who is representing South Africa at the Global Taekwando Federation World Cup in Toronto, we have an excuse to travel again! Yippee! We also included a diversion to canoe in the Algonquin Park, and a road trip up the St. Lawrence seaway.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 116 Reviews
- 232 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 33 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
- Posted in Travel Johannesburg Forum "Re: 24 hours in JoBurg"
- updated a Bulgaria Travel Page "Bulgaria"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bulgaria"
updated their Profile Page "Mo' Horizon"
- Commented on one of Eish's Mozambique travel pages
- Wrote a Review Historic farm cottage with fossil... in Graaff-Reinet Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Osh Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karakol 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Johannesburg 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Naryn Oblasty Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Mozambique Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Simon's Town 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Cape Town 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Sary-Tash Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Royal Natal National Park 4 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.