"Mo' Horizon" Eish's Profile

My best travel companions

I lead a very lucky life! My favourite travel companions are my family. I discover more about my family through every journey we go on, and more about each destination through my family.

South Africa - our home

Still to come:
Johannesburg and Gauteng: Magaliesberg, Apartheid Museum, Sci Bono Centre (done), Gold Reef City, Alex, Lion Park (done), De Wildt, Zoo Lake, Mangwanani, Constitutional Court (done), sports tips including the Walk-the-talk and 94.7 Cycle Race (done)
Northern Cape: Augrabies (2005) (done)
Hartebeespoort
Western Cape: Cape Town (partially done), Simonstown, Kommetjie
Kwazulu Natal: Drakensberg (Cathedral Peak, Tendele - partially done), Lake St Lucia and Cape Vidal, Falaza, Leopard Mountain Lodge, Ithala Game Reserve, Ramsgate
Sun City
Mpumulanga: Kruger Park, Pilgrim's Rest, Rooi Ivoor Trail

Kyrgyzstan 2003

Lucky that I have a mountain climber for a hubbie, and 2 adventurous souls for children. While my husband climbed Pik Lenin, we toured this magnificent country, and landed up in Base Camp to wait for him as he came down the mountain.

This was perfect travel: new experiences every day, remote and magnificent locations, and a month to be with my little monkeys discovering the world through their eyes.

I have maintained tips for Kyrgyzstan as a whole, plus some more detail on various areas in the country. These include the capital, Bishkek, and places nearby like Tokmak and the Burana Tower, and Ala Archa. Our travels took us to Issyk Kul, where I have maintained tips on the area in general, as well as some specific diversions nearby like Barskoon Gorge, the petroglyphs at Cholpon Ata, the village of Karakol, Ak-Say and hiking in Altyn Arushun, and things to do on the lake itself. In the south, on the border with China, you will find some tips on Naryn and surrounds, and At Bashy.
I have a brief tip on Toktugul.
Lastly, there are tips on the 3000-year old city Osh, as well as the climbing trip to Pik Lenin which is covered in the page on Sary Tash.

Egypt (2006, 2003)

Still to come ..

Mozambique - Ponta Mamoli 2004

Still to come in detail, but some basic tips are there now.

Peru, Argentina, Chile - 2005

Still under construction

Sweden and the Volvo Ocean Race (2006)

You guessed it ... still to come ...

Toronto (and maybe Quebec) planned for 2008

Thanks to my daughter who is representing South Africa at the Global Taekwando Federation World Cup in Toronto, we have an excuse to travel again! Yippee! Now we just have to find something off the beaten path (and cheap) near Toronto.

• Intro Updated Jun 3, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!