"Don´t listen to Rick Steves" Reutte by LeatherBikerGene
Reutte Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 52 photos
Rick Steves, author of the "Europe through the back door" series of travel guides, sings the praises of this small town. Why, I still can´t figure out! There´s nothing here..skiing in the winter but not much else. It does have decent train connections to Germany to visit Mad King Ludwig´s castles. Germans from the areas around Füssen and Garmisch-Partenkirchen go to Reutte on German (but not Austrian) holidays to shop. Gasoline is MUCH cheaper (15-20 EuroCents per liter) in Austria. In the summer there is a weekend medieval festival on the mountain with the ruins of the Ehrenburg castle. The nearby Plansee is a beautiful clear mountain lake, popular with divers, naturists (nekkid swimmin!) and motorcyclists who like to ride along the twisty 6km road along the bank of the lake.
- Pros:Scenic train ride
- Cons:Germans on holidays!
- In a nutshell:Best for cheap gas.
Food, housewares, clothing...it´s all here..at mark-it-down-and-move-it-out prices! Carbonated beverages...these are... more travel advice
LeatherBikerGene's Related Pages
Reutte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reutte a special place for us"
- "reutte austria"
- "Get some Fresh Air"
- "Tyrolian Mountains"
- "Don´t listen to Rick Steves"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reutte
- Hotels in Reutte
- Transportation in Reutte
- Restaurants in Reutte
- Shopping in Reutte
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reutte
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Reutte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reutte
Top 10 Pages
- Saulgrub Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Sousse Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Wattens Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Masserberg Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schwaz Intro, 3 reviews
- Reutte Intro, 2 reviews
- Bryansk Intro, 2 reviews
- Vaduz Intro, 1 review