"TRAVELS TO CUBA" YanetT's Profile
I suppose I should have photos of my hometown on here first,, or family history, but this is a travel forum and my travels have taken me mostly to Cuba, some travel in the US and of course, Canada.
So I hope you will enjoy the photos and stories of my trips to Cuba and elsewhere.
I recently spent two weeks in Havana and generally walked around the city, seeing the sites and listening to music, visiting with old friends and meeting new ones.
Havana is a bustling city and I basically walked everywhere, no taxis and got familiar with Centro and Vedado areas of the city.
One of the many narrow streets of Havana in very bad condition. This beautiful city is in need of repair. The Malecon and old Havana are being restored and hopefully the rest of the city will, in time.
I went to Santiago de Cuba as part of a day trip from Farallon del Caribe. I loved the City and saw many sites, cigar factory, El Morro, Cespedes Parques, Casa de La Trova, Tropicana Hotel, Cenetary, Bacardi Rum Factory - all in one day, believe it or not.
After 6 visits to Cuba, I returned in April 2003 to Havana and Santiago de Cuba.
I spent a wonderful 5 days with my goddaughter and her family in Santiago de Cuba. On one particular occasion I took her to the pool at Hotel Santiago de Cuba, for the day. You pay a small fee to get in. She enjoyed her lunch and day at the pool, swiming with me and other kids.
Each trip we get closer, but I have to brush up on my Spanish for next trip. She is a very bright little girl and is not fooled by my bad Spanish. I try to teach her some English too and gave her mom some cassettes and books to study English.
I am blessed to have this wonderful experience and Cuban family in my life.
Here is a photo of my dear goddaughter in Santiago de Cuba. This was taken in 2000 on the occasion of her baptism (el bautizmo) and my becoming her godmother.
She is now 7 years old but was almost 3 when I first met her in 1997. She now has a 3 year old sister named after me.
I have spent vacations with them at their house in Santiago and am trying to brush up on my Spanish for this visit in April.
I have been to Marea del Portillo, Granma Province Cuba 5 times, first trip in 1996.
I have stayed at both Marea del Portillo and Farallon del Caribe resorts, as well as visiting my Cuban friends in the area.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 92 Reviews
- 218 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on pigletsmom's profile page
- YanetT and havanaivan are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "my Cuban goddaughter's communion"
created their Personal Page "my Cuban goddaughter's communion"
- updated a Cuba Travelogue "More people/places in Havana 2004"
- Wrote a Review Pinar del Rio, Las Terrazas in Cuba Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Varadero Forum "Re: Hotel Villa Cuba- Any Tips??"
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Intro, 46 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 24 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos