"Hunza Valley, The Shangrila, Pakistan" Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza by TOOCOOL
Hunza Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 221 photos
The Hunza Valley is located in the North of Pakistan. It is very beautiful, The Shangri-la as describe by the famous John Hilton in his trip to this place. Hunza can be accessed by the famour Karakoram Highway which snakes its way past three of the greatest mountain ranges in the world. Check my album on the highway for more details. Hunza is located at a height of 2437 metres and its weather remains pleasant through out the summers but the weather can get extremely harsh in winter. Hunza has developed greatly after the building of the Karakoram Highway. It is no longer a place considered to be at the end of the world. There are quality hotels and restaurants, even internet facilites and swimming pools.The people of Hunza are Ismailis (a sect of Islam) and are very friendly. No worries about terrorism or anything. Coming here is a must in a trip to Pakistan.
About this page: Well, as expected my Hunza page was a huge hit. It seems that VT'ers are really interested in mountains and greenery. This page has supplied me with most of my ratings and comments.
What to expect from this page: This page will tell you about Hunza, the small kingdom located in the north of Pakistan. It is located in the Gilgit Agency. In my tips, you will find almost everything you need to know before you plan your trip to Hunza. The reason why you will visit Hunza is mainly because of the huge mountains. This area is no where near the Alps. The Alps are miniature compared to this stuff. So there is little bit less greenery. However, there are other stuff like rivers and other stuff. Also, there is a place which is the highest point a normal tourist is likely to be ever in his life. It is at about 5000 metres. Khunjerab Pass, only a few hundred metres less than the highest Alp.
Many people believe that Hunza is only a mountain desert with huge mountains and a desert landscape. Not entirely accurate. Hunza can be extremely green expecially near the Hunza river. Depends on the weather in which you visit.
The mountains in Hunza are huge. You cannot imagine what they are unless you go see them for yourselves. They surround you from all side giving the impression that you are trapped between them and they rule you. The moutains rule the valleys.
- Pros:Mountains, wildlife, landscape, river and almost everything
- In a nutshell:You must be mad not to come here!!!
Definitely Must See, The highest metal border crossing in the world. My first impression was that this place was going... more travel advice
Well, not much of a Must-See Activity but on the Karakoram Highway on a stretch somewhere in the Hazara and Kohistan... more travel advice
- See All Enemies of Nature. Beware!
- See All The StrongHold of Shopping.
- See All Gilgit's Best.
- See All Friendly Gulmit.
- See All Things you can get in Pakistan.
TOOCOOL's Related Pages
Hunza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hunza Valley, The Shangrila, Pakistan"
- "THE SILK ROAD"
- "HEAVENLY HUNZA VALLEY..NORTHERN PAKISTAN"
- "Hunza Valley"
- "Hunza Valley"
- "Hunza the Second Heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hunza
- Hotels in Hunza
- Transportation in Hunza
- Restaurants in Hunza
- Shopping in Hunza
- Warnings and Dangers in Hunza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hunza
- 46 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hunza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hunza
- Commented on one of hunzaemerald's Hunza travel pages
- updated a Hunza Travel Page "Hunza Valley, The Shangrila, Pakistan"
- Posted in Travel Pakistan Forum "Re: Is it safe to travel through..."
- Wrote a Review Khunjerab Pass about Khunjerab Pass in Hunza Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Golden Peak Range"
Photos in HunzaSee All Photos (51)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 46 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Kalam Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Deosai Mountains Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos