Kalam Hotel Tips by TOOCOOL
Kalam Hotels: 6 reviews and 11 photos
Early morning fog near Thames Hotel
This hotel is undoubtedly the best in the whole of Swat. It is, in some ways, the best hotel in Pakistan. It is located high on the hill which is connected by a road from the main Kalam Road. It is located just outside Mingora on the way to Bahrain. Everything you want is available. The rooms are truly wonderful, normal or VIP both. Food could not be better and it has a huge garden with most rooms have a wonderful view of the Valley. Barbecue is only at night times. The conference room is also wonderful and so is the Dining Hall. In many halls, there are miniature mountains with small trees and replicas or cars and other things etc.
Unique Qualities: The hotel gives a great view of the Swat River and the mountains beyond it. A small walk down the road leaves you just beside the river where you can peacefully sit. The food (especially Chinese and Thai) is the best I've eaten in Pakistan (and mind you, I've eaten a lot of dishes living in Lahore). Dont miss this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!! The only disadvantage is perhaps not too many people stay here but it still is wonderful!!!!
Address: Kalam Road
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On the way from Mingora to Bahrain, a sign board will say THAMES HOTEL with a small steep road leading up a mountain towards the hotel.
More Reviews (15)
TOOCOOL's Related Pages
Kalam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Swat Valley "The Mini-Switzerland""
- "Kalam (Swat, Pakistan)"
- "Beautiful Kalam"
- "Swat Valley"
- "Mini Switzerland"
- "BeautifuL KaLaM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalam
- Hotels in Kalam
- Transportation in Kalam
- Restaurants in Kalam
- Warnings and Dangers in Kalam
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gulf Gardens Resort
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
- Hill View Resorts
- Nomade Hotel
- Ansonia Hotel on Lysiard
- Pefkos Beach Hotel
- Hotel Barcelo Bahia Sur
- Burnside B&B
- Hotel Ibis Mumbai Airport
- Molly's Retreat
- Firedance Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
- Holiday Inn Veracruz-Boca Del Rio
- Metro Inns Doncaster
- Lanta Marine Parkview Resort
Badges & Stats in Kalam
- 16 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kalam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalam
Photos in KalamSee All Photos (26)
Read real reviews about Kalam Hotels!
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 46 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Kalam Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Deosai Mountains Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos