"Nathia Gali "The City of Fog"" Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali by TOOCOOL
Nathia Gali Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 119 photos
Welcome to the Galis! They are a series of wonderful Hill-resorts on the ridge between Murree and Abbottabad and are more attractive that both of those cities. Murree is a very popular hill station about 50 km north of the capital Islamabad while Abbottabad is a city in NWFP province with a very British atmosphere. However , between them is a wonderful road which has been fully repaired from being the "highway to hell" to being an excellent 2 lane road and protection on the sides. The main tourist stay on this road is the town of Nathia Gali and the resort of Ayubia. Nathi Gali is known as the CIty of Fog for it can get very very very foggy here. The usual definition of fog doesnt stand here. Fog means visibility reduced to 1 km , here fog mean visibility reduced to a few feet. Also, this area recieves the most high rainfall in Pakistan and it always seems to be raining here (which is very good). But the main beauty of this area isnt high mountains, its the greenery. Lush green hills and mountains with wonderful pine trees. The wild life of this area is pretty good. There is no place in this area where you wont find monkeys, real free monkeys. They are everywhere, in your hotel lobby windows, in the open barbecue , on the road, just everywhere you cannot miss them. The area is just brilliant with good hotels and all facilities. By the way, it can get pretty cool out here even in the summers so bring something warm.
Fog can fall here within seconds even after rainfall. Basically Nathia Gali is at a good height (around 2500 m) and fog is basically the cloud. Visibility can make driving difficult and foreigners shouldnt drive in fog. Nathia Gali isnt as big a city as say Murree. The whole town is basically in one very long street on the main road and the residential areas and most of the hotels are high on the hill above Nathiagali.
The British tried to create a little England here with its small timbered church, bunglows and the Governor’s House. There are more than fifteen large and small hotels of various categories and over 200 private bunglows and Government rest houses at Nathiagali. The bazaar has a number of small restaurants and shops selling a variety of food stuffs, items of daily use and handicrafts. The facility of public call offices, post offices, Internet Café, petrol pump and vehicle repair workshops is also available. A small hospital is also located at Mochi Dhara.
The wild life of this area is basically monkeys. They live in the trees around here. They are everywhere. Especially in Nathia Gali Bazaar and the Green's Hotel side. They are very beautiful and come to the hotel for food especially in the morning and afternoon. You certainly cannot miss them if you stay at Nathia gali for more than one day.
- Pros:Greenery, mountains, hotels, monkeys and fogs.
- Cons:Hmmm, I didnt find any except for some pine allergy though i got over it.
- In a nutshell:Its a wonderful place!!
As you already know, fog is common in Nathia Gali. It can lead to Zero Visibility. But thats not your only problem. Rain... more travel advice
Dungagali is a picturesque small resort situated on the slopes of the Mukshpuri hill (2376 m.). It commands a charming... more travel advice
TOOCOOL's Related Pages
Nathia Gali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Lush Green Nathiagali"
- "Nathia Gali "The City of Fog""
- "Visit to Nathia Gali"
- "NATHIA GALI ....SOME THING SPECIAL"
- "nathiya gali"
- "welcome to my nathiagali page"
- "Little Paradise in Northern Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nathia Gali
- Hotels in Nathia Gali
- Transportation in Nathia Gali
- Nightlife in Nathia Gali
- Restaurants in Nathia Gali
- Shopping in Nathia Gali
- Warnings and Dangers in Nathia Gali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nathia Gali
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Nathia Gali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nathia Gali
- Commented on one of shanix's Nathia Gali travel pages
- Posted in Travel Pakistan Forum "Re: Is it safe to travel through..."
- Wrote a Review Zero Visibility about Foggy Weather in Nathia Gali Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Zero Visibility"
- updated a Nathia Gali Travel Page "Nathia Gali "The City of Fog""
Photos in Nathia GaliSee All Photos (23)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 46 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Kalam Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Deosai Mountains Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos