"At the Roof of the World" Skardu by TOOCOOL
Skardu Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 145 photos
This is generally the place referred to in Pakistan as the "Roof of the World". Skardu is located in Baltistan in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. There is no fighting in this region (the problems are in Indian-controlled Kashmir). This is an extremely beautiful place which is surrounded on all sides by mountains and is cut off from the rest of Pakistan (unlike Hunza). Comparable yet different to Hunza in several aspects, this area is a wonderful place to visit.
Welcome to the Roof of the World.
This area is loaded with lakes. There are several lakes here with the most famous being Satpara Lake and Kachura Lake.
- Pros:Wonderful mountains, lakes and greenery
- Cons:Remote area and near war-hit Kashmir area
- In a nutshell:Wonderful place
TOOCOOL's Related Pages
Skardu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Base Camp"
- "Gateway to Baltistan and Beyond"
- "Skardu - our last taste of civilisation!"
- "Skardu, Baltistan, Pakistan"
- "Skardu Capital of the Baltistan Gateway to K2"
- "Skardu "The Little Tibet""
- "skardu Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skardu
- Hotels in Skardu
- Transportation in Skardu
- Nightlife in Skardu
- Shopping in Skardu
- Warnings and Dangers in Skardu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skardu
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Skardu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skardu
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 46 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Kalam Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abbottabad Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Deosai Mountains Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos