"Jabiru" Jabiru by 1+1
Jabiru Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 20 photos
On 24 April 2006 Cyclone Monica side-swiped Jabiru. Damage to infrastructure was minimal but a lot of trees came down. It still looks a bit of a mess in lots of places but cleaning up is progressing.
One loss for visitors is the shady area by the lake where people would picnic. Most of those trees are gone and it looks a bit like a construction site.
One plus is that with many trees missing the Crocodile Hotel is now more visible in it's shape as a crocodile. Maybe you should get a look before trees grow back and block the view again.
The photo above is pre-cyclone.
- Pros:Ideal base for exploring Kakadu National Park
1+1's Related Pages
Jabiru Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jabiru
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Jabiru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jabiru
Photos in JabiruSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 58 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Kokoda Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stokes Range Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Katherine Intro, 1 review, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Palmerston Island Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Echuca Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jabiru Intro, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maningrida Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Field Island Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos