"Echuca, historic port town" Top 5 Page for this destination Echuca by 1+1
Echuca Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 148 photos
In its heyday Echuca used to be the busiest port in Australia, all that in its setting on a river well inland from the sea.
The town has kept a lot of its old world charm and the precinct around the old wharf has become a tourist attraction.
The biggest paddlesteamer fleet in the world is based here and tours up and down the river are available.
There are still numerous old style buildings lining Echuca streets. more travel advice
The old gypsy van is an exact replica of the types of vans that used to travel the countryside attending fairs, shows... more travel advice
1+1's Related Pages
Echuca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Echuca - A Future in the Past"
- "Echuca, historic port town"
- "ECHUCA - MOAMA"
- "Fascinating historical town on the Murray River"
- "Echuca A Regional Town Oozing with History"
- "HOME OF THE PADDLESTEAMERS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Echuca
- Hotels in Echuca
- Restaurants in Echuca
- Shopping in Echuca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Echuca
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Echuca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Echuca
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 58 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Kokoda Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stokes Range Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Katherine Intro, 1 review, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Palmerston Island Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Echuca Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jabiru Intro, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lake Frome Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Maningrida Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues