"Karumba on the Gulf" Karumba by 1+1
Karumba Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
Karumba is a small town at the southern end of the Gulf of Carpentaria. It's mainstay is the fishing industry, prawns and barramundie, an ore loader serving mines in the region, live cattle exports and tourism.
Best time to visit is during the dry season, May to September, as during the wet season it's prone to getting cut off by flooding. It's popular amongst the "grey nomads" especially people travelling the Savanna Way to or from Borroloola in the Northern Territory.
Probably the most obvious activity for Karumba. If you go out to Karumba Point you can fish in the open sea from the... more travel advice
1+1's Related Pages
Karumba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karumba on the Gulf"
- "KARUMBA..GULF OF CARPENTARIA..FNQ.."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karumba
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Karumba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karumba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 58 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Kokoda Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stokes Range Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Katherine Intro, 1 review, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Palmerston Island Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Echuca Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jabiru Intro, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maningrida Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lake Frome Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos