"Night of the Iquana" Puerto Vallarta by BLewJay
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide: 1,173 reviews and 2,013 photos
Puerto Vallarta is an honest-to-goodness Mexican town as well as a world-class resort. It's a city of around 350,000 residents situated along Banderas Bay (Mexico?s largest and deepest, and home to award-winning sport fish, giant turtles, manta rays, dolphins and whales) and nestled against the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains.
Unlike other Mexican cities, Puerto Vallarta was not created for tourism. It combines the authentic Mexican life with that of the amenities of a world-class resort. (plus the peso goes pretty far these days). The R?o Cuale divides the old town of Puerto Vallarta into the more Mexican southern side (with it's inexpensive cafes and restaurants) and the northern side (with it's modernized upscale shopping and the Malec?n).
I have been there a number of times and look forward to returning soon...so many different things to see and do while there...meet so many people from around the world as well as experience the simple pleasures of life.
- Pros:Still has the feel of old Mexico...but it's still pretty modern
This church (more than any other symbol) represents Puerto Vallarta and is topped by an ornate crown that replicates the... more travel advice
It's a nice little bistro across the street from Los Tules offering great food at very reasonable prices. Their... more travel advice
BLewJay's Related Pages
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
- "Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
- "Essential PV"
- "Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
- "Still the "Real Deal""
- "Bienvenidos a Mexico"
- "Puerto Vallarta: A resort town w/cultural hold"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Vallarta
- Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Transportation in Puerto Vallarta
- Nightlife in Puerto Vallarta
- Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
- Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Vallarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Vallarta
- Posted in Travel Columbus Forum "Re: Where to live."
- Wrote a Review Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe about Downtown in Puerto Vallarta Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe"
- updated a Puerto Vallarta Travel Page "Night of the Iquana"
- Commented on one of malalaura's Puerto Vallarta travel pages
Photos in Puerto VallartaSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 53 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fortuna Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues