"Yes...this is paradise!!!" Oahu by BLewJay
Oahu Travel Guide: 4,335 reviews and 10,904 photos
This was my second trip to O'ahu and the first for LJ. It was an unexpected vacation in that the main reason we went to the island was because LJ had piano examinations to conduct (but it was only for one day). With a little planning of our own, help from the internet, our travel agent and some locals, we had a blast and look forward to returning soon.
O'ahu is a rich and rewarding destination and the most diverse of the Hawaiian islands with a large array of attractions, activities, and venues. It's the most populated and most visited of all the islands and offers the world famous city of Honolulu, which is best known for Waikiki Beach. Expensive, noisy, crowded but beautiful is how I would explain Waikiki. A truly international city in the middle of the Pacific with so much to do, so many places to eat and so many cultures to interact with.
The number one attraction on O'ahu is Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial. It brings to life the sacrifice of so many civilians, soldiers, sailors and marines who fought to keep us free. If you are looking to have fun on the beach or just get away from it all, then why not head to the North Shore. And finally, there are some hidden treasures on Oahu...like rain forests. Hike, bike or take a car up and around Mt. Tantalus for breathtaking views of Honolulu (or Diamond Head) or hike up to Manoa Falls.
- Pros:A truly world class location with many things to do
- Cons:It can be quite expensive, but there are ways to not break the bank
- In a nutshell:If you want to get away from the crowds, go to the North Shore
Named after Hawaii's most famous citizen and the "Father of International Surfing - Duke Paoa Kahanamoku,", this... more travel advice
This was another recommendation from the valet from our hotel. Oh my, what delicious food, hand made and very fresh.... more travel advice
- See All Dance of the Gods
- Try not to over pack
- See All The father of modern surfing
- See All Manoa Falls
- See All Fruit and Nuts
BLewJay's Related Pages
Oahu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "O'ahu ~ “The Heart of Hawai‘i”"
- "Captivating Oahu"
- "Oahu: Home Sweet Home in Paradise"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- "Oahu--Exquisite beaches and Ethereal landscape"
- "The Gathering Place..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oahu
- Hotels in Oahu
- Transportation in Oahu
- Nightlife in Oahu
- Restaurants in Oahu
- Shopping in Oahu
- Warnings and Dangers in Oahu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oahu
- 53 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oahu
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 53 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fortuna Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues