"Vienna is a city of dreams" Vienna by BLewJay
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,607 reviews and 19,284 photos
As the title implies, Vienna is truly a city full of dreams. A visit to Vienna is like a stroll through the past, for almost nowhere else is history so close at hand. From the 1st District all the way out to the Vienna Woods (and beyond), the city has become a junction connecting the continent’s eastern and western parts.
This was my first visit to Vienna (LJ had lived here for 9 years) and I wanted to experience as much as I could while here. Before making the trip, I learned some German phrases so that I could order as much beer as I wanted (just kidding), but learned many more phrases while I was actually in the country. It's true, people will appreciate the fact that you are trying to speak the language and will bend over backwards to help you out when you need assistance. I did hear a number of times that my German pronunciation was very good and articulate...not bad for a city boy born in NYC.
LJ still has many friends in Vienna and they took us to places where not many tourists could be found...that's what I wanted. To experience the "real" Vienna away from the high prices and loud tourists. But we also met up with Ursula (alusru...a VT'er who lives in Vienna) who is truly a wonderful person. We hit if off from the start and got together three times while in the city. So, I want to thank all of LJ's friends as well as Ursula for making my time in Vienna a truly wonderful experience.
- Pros:A beautiful city filled with history, great food, music, opera and an efficient public transportation system
- Cons:Traffic can be a pain and most of the residents need to put away the vinegar faces...smile a little bit!!!
- In a nutshell:A great city to get out and explore the surroundings
Since we were in Vienna, we definitely had to visit with Ursula (fellow VT member). So made arrangements to visit with... more travel advice
The city park is nice place to stroll amongst the gardens as well as people watch...plus you can view the Johann Strauss... more travel advice
- See All A singular place of remembrance
- See All Austrian version of 7/11 convenience...
- Great views...great beer
BLewJay's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 45 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (101)
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 53 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fortuna Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues