"Canada and America Unite!!!" BLewJay's Profile
I have to give VirtualTourist its "props" because it truly brings people together from around the world. Heck, if one never traveled in their lifetime, they could log onto VT and get stories from around the globe.
LJ (aka lauriejeanne) and Barry (aka spartan) met on this website to share travel stories as well as experiences they had gained through living life to its fullest.
They started off as aquaintances and then became friends (long distance no less!!!) and the rest as they say is history :-)
Can you plan a perfect wedding in another part of the world using the internet, a travel agent and a photographer/coordinator you've never met? The answer is yes and it was one of the most memorable experiences we have ever had the pleasure of participating in.
In 3 months, we were able to pull off a wedding in paradise that didn't bust the budget...plus we had a honeymoon on one of the most beautiful islands in the world. If you are gonna get married in Maui, drop us a line as we can give you some great advice.
The second ceremony required detailed planning. This was the one for family and friends, so it had to be perfect. Guess what, there were a few glitches, but the day went off as planned and everyone had a grand time.
Fires, rain, wind, long distances didn't stop the process and someone must have been looking out for us that day is we couldn't have asked for a more perfect situation :-)
This day wouldn't be complete without our kids being involved in the ceremony. They couldn't make it to Maui but they sure had a grand time in Canada.
My buddies from Ohio took care of Sam and Aspen while we took pictures, but get this...the kiddies had a room with a jaccuzi, bath robes, strawberries and champagne all to themselves. So tell me, who really enjoyed the wedding?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 600 Reviews
- 1,656 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 81 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Commented on one of BLewJay's Vancouver travel pages
- updated a Costa Rica Travelogue "Scenes from around Costa Rica (La Fortuna) I"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Scenes from around Costa Rica (La Fortuna) I"
- Posted in Travel Columbus Forum "Re: Where to live."
- Wrote a Review Great American Food...In the New Orleans Manner in San Diego Restaurants
- BLewJay and isolatedpawn are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Fortuna
updated their Profile Page "Canada and America Unite!!!"
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 53 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fortuna Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues