"Canada and America Unite!!!" BLewJay's Profile
I have to give VirtualTourist its "props" because it truly brings people together from around the world. Heck, if one never traveled in their lifetime, they could log onto VT and get stories from around the globe.
LJ (aka lauriejeanne) and Barry (aka spartan) met on this website to share travel stories as well as experiences they had gained through living life to its fullest.
They started off as aquaintances and then became friends (long distance no less!!!) and the rest as they say is history :-)
Can you plan a perfect wedding in another part of the world using the internet, a travel agent and a photographer/coordinator you've never met? The answer is yes and it was one of the most memorable experiences we have ever had the pleasure of participating in.
In 3 months, we were able to pull off a wedding in paradise that didn't bust the budget...plus we had a honeymoon on one of the most beautiful islands in the world. If you are gonna get married in Maui, drop us a line as we can give you some great advice.
The second ceremony required detailed planning. This was the one for family and friends, so it had to be perfect. Guess what, there were a few glitches, but the day went off as planned and everyone had a grand time.
Fires, rain, wind, long distances didn't stop the process and someone must have been looking out for us that day is we couldn't have asked for a more perfect situation :-)
This day wouldn't be complete without our kids being involved in the ceremony. They couldn't make it to Maui but they sure had a grand time in Canada.
My buddies from Ohio took care of Sam and Aspen while we took pictures, but get this...the kiddies had a room with a jaccuzi, bath robes, strawberries and champagne all to themselves. So tell me, who really enjoyed the wedding?
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Clearwater Beach Hotels
- Claytor Lake State Park Hotels
- United States of America
- Agra Hotels
- Bushnell Basin Hotels
- Sand City Hotels
- South Carolina Hotels
- Male Island
- North America
- Hong Kong
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
- Ho Chi Minh City
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 600 Reviews
- 1,653 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 81 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on TinKan's profile page
- Posted in Travel Columbus Forum "Re: Where to live."
- Wrote a Review Great American Food...In the New Orleans Manner in San Diego Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great American Food...In the New Orleans Manner"
- BLewJay and isolatedpawn are now friends.
- created a Costa Rica Travelogue "Scenes from Sámara"
- Uploaded a Video to Fortuna
updated their Profile Page "Canada and America Unite!!!"
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 53 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fortuna Intro, 9 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos