"Canada and America Unite!!!" BLewJay's Profile

Travel site...not a dating service

I have to give VirtualTourist its "props" because it truly brings people together from around the world. Heck, if one never traveled in their lifetime, they could log onto VT and get stories from around the globe.

LJ (aka lauriejeanne) and Barry (aka spartan) met on this website to share travel stories as well as experiences they had gained through living life to its fullest.

They started off as aquaintances and then became friends (long distance no less!!!) and the rest as they say is history :-)

Paradise...that sure describes Maui

Can you plan a perfect wedding in another part of the world using the internet, a travel agent and a photographer/coordinator you've never met? The answer is yes and it was one of the most memorable experiences we have ever had the pleasure of participating in.

In 3 months, we were able to pull off a wedding in paradise that didn't bust the budget...plus we had a honeymoon on one of the most beautiful islands in the world. If you are gonna get married in Maui, drop us a line as we can give you some great advice.

Oh Canada, Eh?

The second ceremony required detailed planning. This was the one for family and friends, so it had to be perfect. Guess what, there were a few glitches, but the day went off as planned and everyone had a grand time.

Fires, rain, wind, long distances didn't stop the process and someone must have been looking out for us that day is we couldn't have asked for a more perfect situation :-)

The kiddies

This day wouldn't be complete without our kids being involved in the ceremony. They couldn't make it to Maui but they sure had a grand time in Canada.

My buddies from Ohio took care of Sam and Aspen while we took pictures, but get this...the kiddies had a room with a jaccuzi, bath robes, strawberries and champagne all to themselves. So tell me, who really enjoyed the wedding?

• Intro Updated Apr 9, 2004

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2014 at 12:35 AM

HAPPY HAPPY BDAY! BELATED. CHEERS!

• isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2014 at 5:44 AM

happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Any softball games in kiwiland you need to come to ;-)

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Wishing you a very happy birthday and a year crammed with exciting travel!

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Happy Birthday! Have a great day:)

• vinod-bhojak's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Happy birthday.

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Cheers for your B/D!

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I asked the ? on the forum so we will find out!!

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Wow, what a romantic story!!! I wonder how many other members met on VT and ended up getting hitched. Maybe a question for the misc forum.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo
      Jan 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Absolutely!!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
      Jan 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Now I have it all figured out I had a hard time finding BlueJay haha
      No wonder ,the name is BlewJay
      I can relate to Barry and L J wedding story because our daughter was married in 2003 at Waikiki Beach Oahu
      and I Loved that
      Great Place for a wedding they honeymooned for a week in Maui and Lori & I flew to Maui for a day trip doing the Road to Hana trip
      It was fantastic
      Nice to have contact again Barry after all these years

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!