"World Roaming" Roam's Profile
Hi, and thanks for stopping by. I joined Virtual Tourist 7 years ago expecting to share my travels with you all, but while I've enjoyed travelling vicariously through other members, I have been very slack at updating my own pages... It's time to change that!
I was fortunate to grow up in the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa. Living in such an incredible location gave me a love of nature and an appreciation of diverse cultures. There is so much to see and do in Cape Town, and of course the rest of southern Africa, but a desire to travel and see The Great Wide World has been with me since I can remember. I have early childhood memories of my mother telling me stories of her European travels in her twenties - backpacking in Germany, working in London and Norway... they inspired me and I grew up wanting to explore.
When I was 17 and fresh out of school I spent a year working in London and travelling around Europe. I don't think I'd come across the term "gap year" back then! Anyway, now a number of years later I am back in London, one of my favourite cities. I've been living here for 5 years, during which time I've mostly spent my holidays back in Cape Town and visiting family and friends in Australia. But that's one of the awesome things about London - there is SO much happening here that you don't need to go far or spend money to feel like you're travelling in exotic farflung places. But more travel is hopefully on the not too distant horizon for me. Watch this space! :-)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 15 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on Roam's profile page
- Roam and mickeyboy07 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Singapore Forum "Re: Hotel Advise Required"
- Uploaded a Photo to "World Roaming"
updated their Profile Page "World Roaming"
- Wrote a Review All day breakfasts about The Breakfast Club in London Restaurants
- updated a Wales Travel Page "Welsh Road Trip!"
Top 5 Pages
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cape Town 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Fraser Island 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Singapore Intro, 3 photos