"World Roaming" Roam's Profile

Welcome to my VT pages!

Hi, and thanks for stopping by. I joined Virtual Tourist 7 years ago expecting to share my travels with you all, but while I've enjoyed travelling vicariously through other members, I have been very slack at updating my own pages... It's time to change that!

A little bit about me

I was fortunate to grow up in the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa. Living in such an incredible location gave me a love of nature and an appreciation of diverse cultures. There is so much to see and do in Cape Town, and of course the rest of southern Africa, but a desire to travel and see The Great Wide World has been with me since I can remember. I have early childhood memories of my mother telling me stories of her European travels in her twenties - backpacking in Germany, working in London and Norway... they inspired me and I grew up wanting to explore.

When I was 17 and fresh out of school I spent a year working in London and travelling around Europe. I don't think I'd come across the term "gap year" back then! Anyway, now a number of years later I am back in London, one of my favourite cities. I've been living here for 5 years, during which time I've mostly spent my holidays back in Cape Town and visiting family and friends in Australia. But that's one of the awesome things about London - there is SO much happening here that you don't need to go far or spend money to feel like you're travelling in exotic farflung places. But more travel is hopefully on the not too distant horizon for me. Watch this space! :-)

• Intro Updated Apr 1, 2010

• Updated Comment
    mickeyboy07's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM

happy birthday

Other comments
    May 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Hi Lesley, I think Sarah and I are getting together on June 10th if you can join us, that'd be lovely! Check with her for details, I'll let you all pick the restaurant.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Bon anniversaire Lesley! Greetings from the sunny Swiss Alps ;-) Patrick

May 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Thanks Patrick! Hope you are well. Are you going to be in London this year?

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Happy Birthday Lesley....trust your day brings all that you wish for...best wishes from here ...hugs Denny

• alyf1961's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Happy Birthday Lesley. :)

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Wishing You A Very Happy Birthday Lesley - Celebrate in style!

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Lesley!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Happy Birthday!

May 3, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Thanks Dee! Hope you're well, I'm missing Australia but don't think I'll be back until next year at the earliest.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      May 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Lucky you weren't here this summer! Will catch up with you when you come again.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Hi, Lesley! Have a blessed birthday!)

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Happy birthday Lesley!

May 3, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Thanks! See you soon hopefully!

May 3, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Yes, I hope so too! We'll be in London in less than a month, I'll touch base with you and Sarah soon and see if we can set something up :-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Roam's Profile Photo

Roam

“If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.”

Location