Island of Mull Things to Do Tips by bicycle_girl Top 5 Page for this destination
Island of Mull Things to Do: 47 reviews and 84 photos
The castle itself is private. But there is a little cafe nearby that offers meals and also a gallery on the second floor that has really nice art pieces for sale. The waitress can give you a hiking trail maps and you can go around the hills, all the way to the clifffs and by the ocean. It is a lovely road there. Simply get out of Tobermory, head towards Calgary bay and take the turn off to Glengorm. Et Voila!
Tobermory: click on the pic
Charming little city, Tobermory is located on the north part of the island. It is also a ferry terminal, to head towards Mallaig and Skye in my case.The main part of town is by the water, made of very colorful houses side by side. You will find little shops, grocery store, post office, a hostel, bed and breakfast, chocolate factory, whisky factory, restaurants.
Calgary bay is about 20-25 km away from Tobermory, and would be a lovely location for a picnic or for beachcombing. There are no services beside a hotel so be prepared.
Dating from the 13th century and home of the Mc Leans, Duart is now a ruined castle, but still fairly standing, offering wonderful views from the ocean or from the road. It is one of the most photographed castle of Scotland.
Phone: Tel: +44 (0)1680 812 309
Torosay castle is a couple of miles away from the Craignure ferry landing. There is a little train going from the ferry to the castle if you don't have other mean of transportation. You can visit the gardens only like I did or also visit the castle inside for 6 pounds. The gardens were awesome and provided me with great view of the architecture of the castle.
Phone: +44 (0)1680 812 421
From Oban to Craignure, you will see lots of beautiful sceneries, like Oban from the water, Kerrera Island, and the ile of Mull approach. You will have lots of opportunities to see Duart castle, which is best seen from the water to my opinion. So forget about hiding in the cabin, dress up and get outside and have fabulous views.
Directions: There are ferries to the isle of Mull every 2 hours most of the time during the day.
More Reviews (6)
bicycle_girl's Related Pages
Island of Mull Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Moments on Mull"
- "MULL - HOME OF THE CLAN"
- "Mull, Iona, Staffa, Treshnish"
- "Amazing Mull"
- "The Island of Mull"
- "Tobermory Isle of Mull"
- "Back home for a few days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Island of Mull
- Hotels in Island of Mull
- Transportation in Island of Mull
- Nightlife in Island of Mull
- Restaurants in Island of Mull
- Shopping in Island of Mull
- Warnings and Dangers in Island of Mull
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bacolod City
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Adyar Hotels
- Laoag City
- Beijing Hotels
- La Spezia
- Palm Springs Hotels
Badges & Stats in Island of Mull
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Island of Mull?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Island of Mull
Photos in Island of MullSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Cusco Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos
- Oregon Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ollantaitambo Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Island of Mull Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Senj Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Island of Mull hotel reviews
- Seaview Bed & Breakfast
- 208 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013