"My homepage" bicycle_girl's Profile

Beautiful British Columbia...

This is Garibaldi Lake, a day hike to get there. It is between Vancouver and Whistler.

My parrot

This is my roommate, on my balcony at home... He doesn't pay rent and doesn't clean up after himself, eats whatever pleases him and screams when he doesn't get his way... Ouch!!!

But I love him to pieces...

Peru...

By the end of the year after no holidays at all, I decided to go to Peru for a little trip... 2 weeks is definitly not enough especially if you are heading straight to Cuzco, since you need time to acclimatize to the altitude. The first week I spent in the amazonian jungle and discovered a piece of paradise. I went up the Tambopata river to a research center where they study and work to preserve the macaws (parrots). The second week I returned to Cuzco where I started a tour in the country side and met the locals. Then we headed to Machu Picchu fo rthe traditional visit. I am really glad I didn't do the Inca trail since it's soooo popular, I am sure it was not authentic as the Lares Trek. Go visit my pages, the views are spectacular!

My travel plans

Next, I want to volunteers. I want to serve either the animals, work in preservations of the species, or doing humanitarian work, for instance work in an orphanage or work as a nurse and help the poor.

I am thinking about South America again, but also perhaps Costa Rica.

But then I want to go bike up in Alaska... So many choices...

• Intro Updated Nov 22, 2006

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Kati, Happy Birthday. PJ

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Oh dear, I just found out why she's no longer here. Very ill is the easiest way of describing it. Cheers if you ever return, Ian

• meiyergani's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Hello Kati.....Happy Birthday...wish you all the best and success, Best Regards from Bogor Indonesia

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Happy Birthday greetings from Holland. PJ

• travelinxs's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Happy Birthday Kati! Hope your not intending staying away forever! Cheers. Chris

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Happy birthday Kati and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon

• youssef09's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2009 at 1:50 AM

happy birthday to you , greetings

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Your next trip? Make it really unique! It's not too late to attend WM08 - Jerusalem, Tel Aviv & Dead- Sea on 25- 28th Sept (+Petra 29-30th). We want to double the num of attendees to 100! Click to learn where, when, what, how, how much! Avi [FruitLover

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 3:53 PM

♫•:*¨`*:•Happy birthday to you♫♫Happy b-day to you♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ღKATI ღ ♫♫Happy b-day to yoou•:*¨`*:•♫ I wish you not only a happy year, but also happier maany returns (~_~)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!