"I'm a WHORE for New Orleans!" New Orleans by LolaSanFrancisco

New Orleans Travel Guide: 4,198 reviews and 7,269 photos

Sweating more then a whore in church: August!

My very first virgin trip to New Orleans was in August! The swampy, thick, wet heat at that time of year is to behold. Lots of folks would hate it, me, I ***ing love it!

Anyhow, I show up at the Hotel Chateau Lemoyne, right off Dauphine Street where my super awesome fancy friend was waiting for me. As I got out of the cab, I lit up a cigarette and stood out side the lobby door having a smoke and watching myself dehydrate. The doorman came up to me and asked: “Are you from San Francisco?” I replied: “Yes, why?” To that he said: “Because you’re smoking outside! Come on in, you can smoke anywhere in New Orleans you please!” Well boy howdy, welcome to the South!

The not so cool south

On a trip to visit Laura Plantation I was treated to a very ugle joke, that not even I could find punk rock enough to look the otherway. This noose was hanging on the side a building that the tourist don't really see at the Laura Plantation. Check out the full story ...

Rent a boat with Capt Nick and cruise the swamps

We rented Capt Nick to take us out in his boat for a little catch and relase of snakes and other creepy crawlies that don't like this game much. This guy is a no non-sence know's his stuff, fun loven good guy. http://www.captnicks.com/

• Pros:My hair always looks great in New Orleans!
  • Cons:The smell Bourbon Street of a hot summers day!
  • In a nutshell:It's better to be in New Orleans then not.
  • Last visit to New Orleans: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2005

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2009 at 3:07 AM

What an adventure. Bet that guy from LA felt like a real "a**". hehehe Hope your birthday is full of friends and laughter...but no cops.

• leo.weeks's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Cops will break up large crowd if they are watching flashing, but ignore small crowds with short incidents. It is most likely the state of drunkeness and size of crowd that got the guy arrested, and no one wants to see GUYS flash anything especially cops.

• gilescorey's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 1:25 AM

One visit to the plantations, and I'd start drinking, too.

• condorito's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 2:18 AM

Tittts Show And pay?

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 1:43 PM

TSA is the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists or the Taiwanese Students Association or the Tourette Syndrome Association or the Trust for the Study of Adolescence or the Telecommunication Society of Australia or the Transportation Security Administration.

• avazifdar's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 1:16 PM

You can't do this anymore anywhere according to the TSA.

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2004 at 2:42 PM

Thnaks for the good read - your tips are excellent! Hoping to visit New Orleans later this year, will check out your pages again when I do.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2004 at 12:19 PM

Your tips are a great read Lola. I hope to visit New Orleans sometime this year if possible.

• AGHIOS's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2004 at 3:37 AM

Never been, but want to even more now....

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 8:05 AM

Show your ass??? Hehe the pic tell, youre the queen.

LolaSanFrancisco

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.”

Badges & Stats in New Orleans

Have you been to New Orleans?