"I'm a WHORE for New Orleans!" New Orleans by LolaSanFrancisco
New Orleans Travel Guide: 4,332 reviews and 7,719 photos
My very first virgin trip to New Orleans was in August! The swampy, thick, wet heat at that time of year is to behold. Lots of folks would hate it, me, I ***ing love it!
Anyhow, I show up at the Hotel Chateau Lemoyne, right off Dauphine Street where my super awesome fancy friend was waiting for me. As I got out of the cab, I lit up a cigarette and stood out side the lobby door having a smoke and watching myself dehydrate. The doorman came up to me and asked: ?Are you from San Francisco?? I replied: ?Yes, why?? To that he said: ?Because you?re smoking outside! Come on in, you can smoke anywhere in New Orleans you please!? Well boy howdy, welcome to the South!
On a trip to visit Laura Plantation I was treated to a very ugle joke, that not even I could find punk rock enough to look the otherway. This noose was hanging on the side a building that the tourist don't really see at the Laura Plantation. Check out the full story ...
We rented Capt Nick to take us out in his boat for a little catch and relase of snakes and other creepy crawlies that don't like this game much. This guy is a no non-sence know's his stuff, fun loven good guy. http://www.captnicks.com/
- Pros:My hair always looks great in New Orleans!
- Cons:The smell Bourbon Street of a hot summers day!
- In a nutshell:It's better to be in New Orleans then not.
When I walked into this place I said: ?This is the place you go to write the great American novel.? It was ever so tacky... more travel advice
This place you can get lost in for days, and it?s only one big room! I have no smart ass remarks about it, so here is... more travel advice
LolaSanFrancisco's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Photos in New OrleansSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Brugge Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Galway Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos