"Ville d'eau, ville d'art." Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence by skydivefred

Aix-en-Provence Travel Guide: 331 reviews and 716 photos

IN AND AROUND THE CITY

Aix en provence is the place where I lived for the longest time( 17 years). I don't like everything about it but it's still a great place to live in. Its geographical situation is great for several reasons : There is a microclimat there that allows sun or mild weather to settle whereas the weather is pretty bad around. It is also a place situated at a 30 min drive from the sea and 2 hour drive from the Alps mountains.
However I've been fed up with living there because of the demographic explosion.
Of course living is very different from visiting and the city is excellent for that matter.

overall view

Of course the city itself has got many attractive aspects and of course you can have a look at my tips to get an idea. However if you want a better, broader idea of what is to be seen and done in town have a look at the very well made tourist office site in english. (monuments, museums, precise maps...). Around Aix, the nearest to be seen is the Sainte Victoire mountain, Near the village of Vauvenargues.

Architecture

If you have a passion for architecture, Aix en provence is a paradise place for you, I swear. I'll give a couple of ideas in my must see activities tips".

• Pros:A beautiful city to visit
  • Cons:Getting over crowded
  • Intro Updated Dec 31, 2003

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2009 at 4:32 AM

it must be an interesting place to visit during our coming trip.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 12:18 AM

What a fabulous page! I saved quite a few of your tips in my DYO travel folder! Thanks a lot!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 8:19 PM

Your hometown may be crowded but so is mine. Aix en Provence is on my wishlist. Anyway, thanks for the great restaurant tips.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 4:37 AM

I really enjoyed your page. Your love of this place comes through in the colors and words. The santons, cheese, wines, and warm tree lined streets are calling to me.

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 5:31 PM

Very nice monuments page. Good work Fred.

• Morepork's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 1:07 AM

Great page. Thanx for the memories.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 9:20 AM

Great photos and lots of good tips. I love all of Provence.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 2:51 PM

Great page very helpful tips for planning our trip

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 4:00 PM

Great photos and tips!!! I've never heard of Aix before but maybe next time we visit France...

• rickyvilla81's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 4:56 AM

Tres bien! Good stuff. I agree about the bread in Aix, it's incredible, but I'd never freeze it. I must find that Japanese restaurant when I go back.

skydivefred

“Tintin and Jules Verne inspire me”

Badges & Stats in Aix-en-Provence

Have you been to Aix-en-Provence?

Latest Activity in Aix-en-Provence