"PICASSO used to live and is burried there!" Vauvenargues by skydivefred
Vauvenargues Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 15 photos
10 kms east of Aix, lies this peaceful, traditional, provencal village at the bottom of the famous Ste Victoire Mountain, a mountain that inspired the famous french painter Cézanne.
On the way to Vauvenargues, you'll have the opportunity to see, not far off Aix, some beautiful provencal houses....
... and really beautiful landscapes. Here is the Ste Victoire mountain painted many times by Cézanne.
- Pros:A flavour of Provence rural life not far off
In the Ste victoire Mountain, there are several "refuge" one of them being at the top. There is no confort there,... more travel advice
As I warned in my tips, the whole area is locked up in the summer because of potential, dangerous, forest fires. The... more travel advice
skydivefred's Related Pages
Vauvenargues Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Vauvenargues
- Hotels in Vauvenargues
- Transportation in Vauvenargues
- Warnings and Dangers in Vauvenargues
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vauvenargues
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vauvenargues?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vauvenargues
Top 5 Pages
- Cambodia Intro, 27 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 25 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vauvenargues Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Morocco Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues