"Off the beaten path....(but not too far)" Selcuk by BlackSheeper
Selcuk Travel Guide: 323 reviews and 860 photos
Selcuk offers many things not found in the bigger tourist cities. It is a place where you can easily settle down for a week or three of peace and exploration. There is enough history (Efes, etc.) around to keep the interested traveler busy, but is also an invalauble stop because it is so close to many other regions. You can settle down here for a few weeks, and take day trips that range from 1 to 3 hours to various nearby hotspots, or just explore the greek villages or beaches or markets within Selcuk itself.
- Pros:Not too many tourists, small-town feel, shopping, easy to learn Turkish culture, offers variety of restaurants and hotels, nearby beaches, within distance of many other hot spots
- Cons:sometimes a little too small! Hot in the summer
- In a nutshell:Small enough to feel at home, large enough to explore
This shop is actually next door to my own, and I have gotten to know the lady who owns it fairly well. She is full of... more travel advice
In an overrun trade, Black Sheep carpets sets itself aside from the usual throng with its unique pieces (not just... more travel advice
BlackSheeper's Related Pages
Selcuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selchuk... CHOK GYUZEL!"
- "A GREAT LITTLE TOWN"
- "Diamonds in the Rough"
- "Selcuk and St. John Basilica"
- "EPHESUS – ROMAN CAPITAL OF ASIA"
- "Selcuk---Home to an Ancient Wonder of the World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Selcuk
- Hotels in Selcuk
- Transportation in Selcuk
- Nightlife in Selcuk
- Restaurants in Selcuk
- Shopping in Selcuk
- Warnings and Dangers in Selcuk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Selcuk
- 7 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Selcuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Selcuk
Top 5 Pages
- Selcuk Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Kusadasi Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Ephesus 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patmos Island Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos