"Nanjing..Ming Tombs.. or 2046" Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing by marsistanbul

Nanjing Travel Guide: 489 reviews and 1,286 photos

Why can't it be like before...

.....When I was looking at the out side from my window,I felt that I am in 2046,and I am Chow Mo-wan(the main character)..Was I looking for an advanture or looking for my "Bai Ling"!!!! I think,I saw her for awhile..but disappeared!!! Angela sings Casta Diva..I am still trying to leave 2046:o)
(2046 is a movie..written and directed by Wong Kar-wai )

Nanjing,the capital of Jiangsu province,is situated at the south bank of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River.It is the political and cultural center of Jiangsu province,covering an area of 860sqkm with a population of more than 5 million.
Nanjing is a city with grave memories.Various ancient dynasties have taken Nanjing as their capital,built their glories,flourished their riches,and then vanished through the flow of history,leaving merely palaces or tombs to be dated back nowadays.

Wengzhong Path

250 meters long,constitues the second section of the sacred way.This section is flanked by a pair of balusters,two pairs of Generals and two pairs of civil Officials.
The balusters,with a cylinder crown at the top as well as cloud and dragon design over the column,have changed the convention of topping the balusters along the sacred way with lotus-flower design since the Tang and Song Dynasties.It is of innovative significance in art.
The statues of the General and Official stand there with great dignity,guarding the tomb with their loyalty...

Old man and ERHU

It was a sunny,but sweltering and sticky day..I was trying to catch a good shoot and I heard a resonance..melancholic and inviting..I just walked to the voice and I saw this old man..I came close behind of him and I started to listen old man's song.He were tried to play something but he were stopping and thinking something an later play on,but I think,he were try to pronounce his own aloneness..
Later on..I came closer to him and asked"may i take your photos" and as you see I got my good shoots.
I met with him over my Chinese friend,and he gived us some infos about ERHU..How it made from,how it is playing.. We chat with him about his life..about future and past..Ming tombs..Chinese music..nature..he was a real wise man and a good story teller..
When I look at so far..I saw the silhouette of Nanjing city..It was like HADES and I felt myself that I am in EDEN's garden..
We said to him "farewell',he was very happy when we were talking and when we said "goodbye"..his sadness embraced his face again..
Unfortunately,I walked to HADES..

• Last visit to Nanjing: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2008

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2009 at 6:08 AM

Might get here 1day!World Expo is in Shanghai next yr-hoping I'll get there!Nanjing was also a city of murder of almost Nazi holocaust proportions when sev million people were killed by the Japanese-a bestselling book came out a few yrs ago that I read...

• Aitana's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Hi Bulent! An interesting approach to a culture I hardly know. Thanks for your tips.

• viajeras2's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Fantastic experience....looks dreamy place to visit...well maybe someday my wings will me take it there :0)

marsistanbul

“"create yr own visual style..let it be unique for yrself and yet identifiable for others".O.Welles”

Badges & Stats in Nanjing

Have you been to Nanjing?

Latest Activity in Nanjing