"Nanjing..Ming Tombs.. or 2046" Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing by marsistanbul
Nanjing Travel Guide: 491 reviews and 1,297 photos
.....When I was looking at the out side from my window,I felt that I am in 2046,and I am Chow Mo-wan(the main character)..Was I looking for an advanture or looking for my "Bai Ling"!!!! I think,I saw her for awhile..but disappeared!!! Angela sings Casta Diva..I am still trying to leave 2046:o)
(2046 is a movie..written and directed by Wong Kar-wai )
Nanjing,the capital of Jiangsu province,is situated at the south bank of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River.It is the political and cultural center of Jiangsu province,covering an area of 860sqkm with a population of more than 5 million.
Nanjing is a city with grave memories.Various ancient dynasties have taken Nanjing as their capital,built their glories,flourished their riches,and then vanished through the flow of history,leaving merely palaces or tombs to be dated back nowadays.
250 meters long,constitues the second section of the sacred way.This section is flanked by a pair of balusters,two pairs of Generals and two pairs of civil Officials.
The balusters,with a cylinder crown at the top as well as cloud and dragon design over the column,have changed the convention of topping the balusters along the sacred way with lotus-flower design since the Tang and Song Dynasties.It is of innovative significance in art.
The statues of the General and Official stand there with great dignity,guarding the tomb with their loyalty...
It was a sunny,but sweltering and sticky day..I was trying to catch a good shoot and I heard a resonance..melancholic and inviting..I just walked to the voice and I saw this old man..I came close behind of him and I started to listen old man's song.He were tried to play something but he were stopping and thinking something an later play on,but I think,he were try to pronounce his own aloneness..
Later on..I came closer to him and asked"may i take your photos" and as you see I got my good shoots.
I met with him over my Chinese friend,and he gived us some infos about ERHU..How it made from,how it is playing.. We chat with him about his life..about future and past..Ming tombs..Chinese music..nature..he was a real wise man and a good story teller..
When I look at so far..I saw the silhouette of Nanjing city..It was like HADES and I felt myself that I am in EDEN's garden..
We said to him "farewell',he was very happy when we were talking and when we said "goodbye"..his sadness embraced his face again..
Unfortunately,I walked to HADES..
Waterside pavillions are built near the water to enable visitors to view and enjoy the scenery.During the Warring States... more travel advice
Books on the culture and history of the Xiaoling Tomb and special tourist souvenirs such as postcards,commemorative... more travel advice
marsistanbul's Related Pages
Nanjing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nanjing..Ming Tombs.. or 2046"
- "Nanjing - the ancient capital"
- "My unexpected trip to Nanjing"
- "Paul2001 to Lovely Nanjing"
- "The Southern Capital"
- "Nanjing - Surprising capital of the South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nanjing
- Hotels in Nanjing
- Transportation in Nanjing
- Nightlife in Nanjing
- Restaurants in Nanjing
- Shopping in Nanjing
- Warnings and Dangers in Nanjing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nanjing
- 34 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Nanjing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nanjing
Photos in NanjingSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 37 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 25 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing Intro, 34 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southend-on-Sea Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Santiago Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues