"O L Y M P O S" Olympos by marsistanbul
Olympos Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 354 photos
The city is in the 80km south of Antalya and it is first in Antique Lycian Area.Giving onto the Mediterranean to the East,the ancient city Olympos is divited in two by the AKCAY Creek.In its character of a port city Olympos shows a different structure to other ancient cities surviving to date,it is thought that the word Olympos originates from Greek.
However,while the source and meaning of this name hasn't been conclusively explained it is likely that in the ancient Anatolian languages it carried the meaning of "High Mountain" or "Great Mountain".
marsistanbul's Related Pages
Olympos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ruins Eaten By Forest"
- "CIRALI - FAMILY FUN ON THE MED"
- "Mike's Olympos Page"
- "Olympos - the perfect place to chill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympos
- Hotels in Olympos
- Transportation in Olympos
- Nightlife in Olympos
- Restaurants in Olympos
- Shopping in Olympos
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympos
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Olympos
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Olympos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympos
Photos in OlymposSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 37 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 25 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing Intro, 34 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southend-on-Sea Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Santiago Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues