"City of apples or great time with an old flame..." Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty by marsistanbul
Almaty Travel Guide: 332 reviews and 725 photos
Lying at the crossroads of two ancient cultures,the Kazakh land has long welcomed visitors from Europe and Asia alike.It enjoys a rich cultural legacy from Ancestors such as Atilla the Hun,Al-farabi,and Genghis Khan.Historical chronicles relate that Great Silk Road towns like Taraz,Otrar,Ispijab,Yassy and Almatu were major trade centers in ancient and medieval times.
Kazakhstan is located in Central Asia where Europe and Asia meet.It is the same size as Western Europe but with the population of Holland.Kazakhstan is bordered by the Caspian sea to the west,Russia to the north,China to the east,and Kyrgyzstan,Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan to the south.A former Soviet republic...
Kazakhstan's landscape is diverse in the extreme and you can experience virtually every climate zone here.In the south,south west and east,Kazakhstan is framed by the Tien-Shan,Tarbagatai and Altai mountains,a dark green and torquoise mosaic crowned with glittering snow all year around.To the west is the Caspian Sea,a treasure-trove of sturgeon and Kazakhstan's oil deposits.
Most of the country is occupied by steppe,the sand stone massifs of Karakum and vast desert of Kyzylkum...
Kazakhstan is a secular state.Just as in the days of the ancient caravan Silk Road.Kazakhstan brings together people of various creeds.For historical reasons two religions predominate,Islam and Orthodox Christianity,but pther faiths such as Judaism,Catholicism and Buddhism are widely represented.
Atmaty may have lost its status as capital of Kazakhstan,but it remains the country's first city,cultural and business capital and main transport hub.
This beautiful town at the foot of the emerald Tien-Shan mountains is rightly called a garden city.In spring,when its southern outskirts are drowning in apple,apricot and cherry blossom.Almaty looks like something out of fairytale.Its luxuriant greenery and stunning mountain backdrop make Almaty unlike any other city.
Gardens,woods,parks,boulevards and flowerbeds account for over 8000 hectares of its area,indeed the city is located at the heart of the Ili-Alatau National Park..
Abai State Theatre of Opera and Ballet Kabanbai batyra 110,at Panfilova Auezov Kazkh State Drama Theatre Abaya 105,east... more travel advice
The Regent Almaty(*****) Zheltoksan 181 ph:3272 50-37-10/18 email@example.com The Hyatt Regency... more travel advice
marsistanbul's Related Pages
Almaty Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains, Marijuana fields & Mafia all together!"
- "City of apples or great time with an old flame..."
- "Almaty - The City of Apples"
- "Almaty, Central Asian Jewel"
- "Apple Land"
- "The best place on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almaty
- Hotels in Almaty
- Transportation in Almaty
- Nightlife in Almaty
- Restaurants in Almaty
- Shopping in Almaty
- Warnings and Dangers in Almaty
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almaty
- 18 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Almaty?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almaty
Photos in AlmatySee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antalya Intro, 96 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 37 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'bilisi Intro, 25 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanjing Intro, 34 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southend-on-Sea Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Santiago Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues