"Avila Beach Hotel" Willemstad by Jagermeister
Willemstad Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 238 photos
My new bride and I spent twelve days at the lovely Avila Beach Hotel just ten minutes away from downtown Willemstad by foot. We stayed in the "Blues" section of the hotel, which offered fantastic rooms built over a pier-like structure that all had fantastic views.
We were possible the only Americans at the hotel at the time. Mostly Dutch folks visiting their old island. The "native" people from Curacao were amazingly friendly and not pushy in the least. I made fast friends with the "native" employees of the hotel.
The food was good at the Avila Beach. It was great on Antillean Night where they served "local" food.
Snorkeling was great as well as the Avila Beach had created a lagoon protected from the sea by making a wall of rocks. Snorkeling around the wall into the sea was possible as well.
The walk to downtown Willemstad took maybe ten minutes. I loved the colorful buildings which lined both sides of the pontoon bridge in Punda and Otrabanda.
Those coming to Curacao on a cruise will enjoy the laid back atmosphere. There is plenty to do and see, mind you, but you will not be harassed to buy this and that when on shore.
- Pros:Beautiful people and building facades
- Cons:Lots of oil/gas refineries
- In a nutshell:Kick back and enjoy the hospitality
Jagermeister's Related Pages
Willemstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vibrant Capital"
- "Canaval and a wedding"
- "Mad coloured houses, lots of fun"
- "Trolley Tour"
- "Avila Beach Hotel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Willemstad
- Hotels in Willemstad
- Restaurants in Willemstad
- Shopping in Willemstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Willemstad
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Willemstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Willemstad
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Riga Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Munich Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego 2 reviews
- Gibraltar 1 review
- Granada Intro, 1 review
- Barbados 1 review