"Jean Marie River, NT" Jean Marie River by crummey
Jean Marie River Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Jean Marie River is a small community in the MacKenzie River delta. Jean Marie River is a quaint small settlement of about 70 people. The vast majority of the residents are DENE Indians.
Employment includes hunting, trapping, mining exploration and forestry.
The residents of Jean Marie live in pretty log homes. The center of the community is the Indian Band's hall. The Band Hall has a gym and offices.
Jean Marie River has one store, the Jean Marie Co-op. It is a dry community; It has no bar or liquor stores. There is no hotel.
The friendly inhabitants of Jean Marie River live at the junction of the MacKenzie and the Jean Marie Rivers. This community is 22 kilometers off of the Fort Liard Highway. About an hour east of the Fort Liard Junction and three hours west of Enterprise NT.
crummey's Related Pages
Jean Marie River Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jean Marie River
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Jean Marie River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jean Marie River
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.