"Campbellton, New Brunswick" Campbellton by crummey
Campbellton Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Campbellton is about 1 and 1/2 hours east of the trans-Canada highway.
If driving a loop around Quebec's Gaspe Peninsula, you will eventually bump into it.
Campbellton is at the head of Bay Chaleur; Campbellton is at the mouth of the Restigouch river; Campbellton in almost undoubtedly the most northern point in New Brunswick. Cambbellton is also the home to a 21 & 1/2 foot long stainless steel Atlantic Salmon.
Campbellton is the northern most of a whole string of french language New Brunswick towns. They include: Dalhousie, Grand Sault, Tracadie etc. They trail all the way down to Moncton.
Campbellton is in "Acadia"; Acadia is those portions of New Brunswick where french speaking New Brunswickers live; French speaking New Brunswickers are known as Acadians.
North, across the river from Campbellton, across the iron bridge is the MicMac Nation Point La Croix Indian Reserve and Gaspesie Quebec. In and around Campbellton is forest and beautiful scenery. The scenery is especially beautiful in the fall. When the leaves change colour.
Forestry is a main industry. As is fishing. The Bay Chaleur people are friendly. And the odd person does, in fact, speak english.
- Pros:great place
crummey's Related Pages
Campbellton Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campbellton
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Campbellton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campbellton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.