"Clarkes Beach is fun" Clarkes Beach by crummey
Clarkes Beach Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
In 1618, the river at Clarkes Beach was the site of a mill. Governor John Mason reported that the mill was destroyed by vandals. After that it was never repaired.
Today, Clarkes Beach is a prosperous community with many people commuting to work at nearby Bay Roberts and carbonear. people even commute to work as far away as St. John's.
The history of Clarkes Beach really starts with the settlement of nearby Cupids. In 1610, John Guy along with three dozen settlers, including 16 women, established Sea Forest Plantation.
- Pros:Nice Place, easy to get to. the people are approachable.
crummey's Related Pages
Clarkes Beach Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clarkes Beach
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Clarkes Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clarkes Beach
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.