"Flat Rock, Newfoundland" Flat Rock by crummey
Flat Rock Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos
It is easy to see how Flat Rock got its name.
Pope John-Paul II visited Flatrock's St. Michael's Roman Catholic Church in 1982 and blessed the nearby Holy Grotto.
The ocean can be huge at Flatrock. People have been known to be swept away by the high waves, cars and trucks too. The waves destroyed the breakwater and tossed boulders weighing several tonnes each around like marbles.
- Pros:Flatrock can be lotsa fun
- Cons:bring a rain jacket
- In a nutshell:nice people but rowdies in the past have given it a bad name
The Holy Grotto is adjacent to St. Michael's Roman Catholic Church. The Holy Grotto was visited by Pope John Paul II in... more travel advice
crummey's Related Pages
Flat Rock Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Flat Rock
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Flat Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flat Rock
Photos in Flat RockSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.