"Goose Bay is the New York of Labrador" Goose Bay by crummey
Goose Bay Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 117 photos
Goose Bay is eight thousand people in the middle of the forest. It is hundreds of kilometers across a gravel road to Churchill Falls. then hundreds of more miles to Labrador City across the same gravel road. Then hundreds of kilometers south to Seven Islands and Bay Comeau in Quebec. The locals call the highway "The Freedom Road"
There are only 8000 people here. Everyone knows one another so everyone is famous. And I am too. Everyone seems to know me.
There is mountains and mountains of ice around here. The snow and ice is all hard packed and you can drive skidoos and stuff on it but with the warm weather it is becioming rotten. We took a short cut across one of these fields of snow. I fell through up to my waist.
Happy Valley-Goose Bay is the name of the town. But before amalgamation, there used to be two communities: Happy Halley and Goose Bay.
Happy Valley and Goose Bay are two very different places. Goose Bay is all industrial and an air base kinda town but people resided in Happy Valley way before Goose Bay and the air base ever existed. It is way more organic and homey. Lotsa fun, hey boy.
- Pros:Exciting, like New York
- Cons:You will smply have way too much fun
- In a nutshell:Great, exciting, vibrabrant
crummey's Related Pages
Goose Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Happy Valley - Goose Bay"
- "Emergency Stop in Goose Bay"
- "The Heart of Labrador"
- "Goose Bay is the New York of Labrador"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goose Bay
- Hotels in Goose Bay
- Transportation in Goose Bay
- Nightlife in Goose Bay
- Restaurants in Goose Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goose Bay
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Goose Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goose Bay
Photos in Goose BaySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.