"Random Island" Hickmans Harbour by crummey
Hickmans Harbour Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 9 photos
Random Island is great. Except for the Island of Newfoundland itself, Randon Island is the biggest Island in the province.
There is a bridge built from Shoal Harbour to the Island and on Random Island are a number of small, quaint communities including Petley, Britannia, Hickmans Harbour, Lower Lance Cove., Lady Cove and Snook Harbour.
Random Island has trees, forests, beachrocks and still, deep inlets. It also has abandoned, resettled communities, like London, that are reached only by boat or foot. Today, in the resettled communities, the villagers have every ammenity including many churches, shops a school and all of then roads are paved; right to Grand Ma's door.
- Pros:great place
- In a nutshell:Captain Cook circumnavigated Random Island and named Hickman\s Harbour for a Newfoundland man who piloted his ship.
crummey's Related Pages
Hickmans Harbour Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hickmans Harbour
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hickmans Harbour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hickmans Harbour
Photos in Hickmans HarbourSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.