"Hopedale, Labrador" Hopedale by crummey
Hopedale Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 12 photos
Hopedale is Nunatsiavut's capital.
The place name of Hopedale in the local Inuktitut dialect is "Agvituk", which means 'A Place where Bowhead Whales Gather'.
The Moravian Bretheren maintained a mission station at Hopedale since the 1780's. The remaining mission house and its out buildings are the oldest continually-used wooden structures east of Quebec.
- Pros:Nice, Nice Place
- In a nutshell:Hopedale is the site of an ancient Moravian Mission Station, it is also the captial of Nunatsiavut, which is the official name of Labrador Inuit Territory.
crummey's Related Pages
Hopedale Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hopedale
- 1 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hopedale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hopedale
Photos in HopedaleSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.