"Lacombe Alberta." Lacombe by crummey
Lacombe Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Lacombe is a town situated in the county of Lacombe Alberta. The countyand the town are both named after father Henri Lacombe O.M.I.. Father Lacombe was a Quebec born catholic missionary who travelled to the prairies in the mid-1800's.
Lacombe is the birth place of Canada's Governer General the Right Honourable Roland Michener C.C. His childhoos home was a a Methodist parsonage. It is now a museum.
Lacombe County, Alberta is situated mid-way between Calgary and Edmonton. And it is the land of oil derriks, cowboy hats, freight trains, pick up truck and cattle.
The soil is sandy and brown and full of more red ants than you ever thought existed on the whole planet.
On hot dry windy days you can see dus big clouds of dust...reminiscent of the dust bowl days. Strong winds just blow the soil away. But since the top soil is l deep and rich, it is not a big concern to the farmers.
crummey's Related Pages
Lacombe Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lacombe
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lacombe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lacombe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.