"North Twillingate Island" North Twillingate Island by crummey
North Twillingate Island Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 11 photos
The town of Twillingate is composed of two or three islands all joined by causeways.
The names of the two main islands are North & South Twillingate Island.
Twillingate has long-played host to French fishing fleets and was only settled by the English in the mid-1770's.
Twillingate began as a fishing port and remains a vibrant seaport from where fishing and touring boats operate.
The town has a mere 2000 people but boasts six churches, a dozen breakfasts, a shipyard, two bars, a RCMP detatchment, a hospital and a deep-fried chicken outlet.
There are roads to Twillingate but the most enjoyable way to get there is by pleasure craft. There are many docks for visitors to moor their boats at and wharfage fees are reasonable.
A must-see is the Long Point lighthouse, which is near Crow Point.
crummey's Related Pages
North Twillingate Island Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Twillingate Island
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to North Twillingate Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Twillingate Island
Photos in North Twillingate IslandSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.