"Port Rexton" Port Rexton by crummey
Port Rexton Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
The town of Port Rexton is localed on East Trinity Arm.
The town is located along the northwest shore of Trinity Bay. If you are driving it is on Route 230 mid-waybetween Trinity Harbour and Port Union.
Port Rexton has traditionally been a fishing village. The port was a gathering-place for English seamen long-before John Guy established the Island's first official colony in 1610.
Across the harbour from Port Rexton is Robin Hood Bay, which was thus-named for a pirate band who that frequented the region.
To deter sea-raiders several fortified places were built around Port Rexton. The remains of an ancient fort can be found atop Fox Island and an old battery of cannon lay scattered around Gun Hill.
- Pros:Port Rexton is a pretty place in the summer months
crummey's Related Pages
Port Rexton Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Rexton
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Port Rexton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Rexton
Photos in Port RextonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.