"On Trepassey Bay, near Mistaken Point" Portugal Cove South by crummey
Portugal Cove South Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Portugal Cove, Mutton Bay, Biscay Bay and Trepassey harbour comprise trepassey bay.
Trepassey Bay is near Cape Race and situated directly on the Grand banks so it has been a seasonal fishing station since the early 1500's.
Corte-Reale sailed past in in 1500. He was followed by Basque Whalers, English Buccaneers and French Corsairs.
Today Portugal Cove South is a friendly outport fishing village with a long heritage.
- In a nutshell:It is so rocky and barren that if If a tree ever grew there, first the locals would shoot it and then they would telephone the police
crummey's Related Pages
Portugal Cove South Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On Trepassey Bay, near Mistaken Point"
- Create a Portugal Cove South Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portugal Cove South
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Portugal Cove South?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portugal Cove South
Photos in Portugal Cove SouthSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.