"Pouch Cove" Pouch Cove by crummey
Pouch Cove Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
Pouch Cove is on the Avalon peninsula's north shore. It is the final community before arriving at Cape St. Francis.
The small community of Pouch Cove sent dozens of men to World War 2. There are three marble monuments dedicated to those volunteers from Pouch Cove.
Pouch Cove was also the site of a famous maritime disaster. It is where S.S. Waterwitch floundered and sank in the late 1800's.
There were other communities near Cape St. Francis but they were resettled decades ago.
- Pros:It is a nice walk from Pouch Cove to Cape St. Francis
crummey's Related Pages
Pouch Cove Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pouch Cove
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Pouch Cove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pouch Cove
Photos in Pouch CoveSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.