"Twillingate" South Twillingate Island by crummey
South Twillingate Island Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Twillingate is home of the Ashourne Residence.
The Ashbournes were fish merchants. Their fishing premises once sprawled over the southside of Twillingate harbour. Today, only three of the origonal buildings remain.
Although the Ashbourne residence is not lived in, it is nonetheless one of the oldest and most grand residences in Notre Dame Bay
The 1992 Cod Moratorium hit Twillingate hard. Many locals diversified into tourism. Today, there are several art galleries, mid-range restaurants, whale watching tours, B&Bs and iceberg watching tours that operate in the summer months.
crummey's Related Pages
South Twillingate Island Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Twillingate Island
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to South Twillingate Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Twillingate Island
Photos in South Twillingate IslandSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.