"Spaniards Bay" Spaniards Bay by crummey
Spaniards Bay Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos
Believe it or not!! We stumbled across two Bald Eagle cygnets lounging on the beach. They were huge, almost fully grown; white feathere were about to erupt of their crowns.
I've seen wild Bald Eagles in Skeena and on Vancouver Island. I've senn them in Cape Breton toobut whoda funkit. Apparently there is a mom and a dad Bald Eagle at Spaniards Bay. They say this is their second set brood; none of the birds seem the slightest bit intimidated by people. So I was able to walk up and take lotsa pictures like this one, in which I am clutching a box of the most expensive cigars you can buy ( Romeo Y Juliet Churchills).
Spaniards Bay has a war memorial dedicated the the Newfoundlanders who fought and died during World War One. At the monument is an old vickers mechine gun, with the breach block removed and covered in ship-paint.
crummey's Related Pages
Spaniards Bay Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Spaniards Bay
- 1 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Spaniards Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spaniards Bay
- Posted in Travel Dominican Republic Forum "Re: I am requesting info about..."
- Wrote a Review keep watching for bald eagles!!!!!!!!!!! in Spaniards Bay Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "keep watching for bald eagles!!!!!!!!!!!"
- created a Spaniards Bay Travelogue "The Bald Eagles of Clarkes Beach and Spaniards Bay"
Photos in Spaniards BaySee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Intro, 37 reviews, 196 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nain 29 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Intro, 14 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Western Bay Intro, 1 review, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Race Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northwest Territories Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferryland Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.