"A Life in the English Midlands" jmmorgan's Profile
I live in the Staffordshire village of Kinver which is about 6 miles from the town of Stourbridge. In due course I will upload some info on Kinver so that you can all see what a wonderful place I live in. I will also attempt some pages about this unique area of England that I was born and have always lived in. It is an area steeped in cultural history.
Only in the last 10 years since I married have I been able to travel. How I envy those who give up their work, pack a bag and go travelling for extended periods of time. I wish I could have done that when I was younger. Now I shall plan to do it in retirement and visit every page on VT while I make my plans.
I am blessed with a wonderful husband in Tony, who is my travelling companion, and who enjoys the places we visit as much as I do and never complains when I ask him to carry my bag because it is too heavy.
1997 Delhi, Mumbai, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ranakpur and Aurangabad
1998 Delhi, Shekawati region, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer
1999 Sri Lanka
2001 Malaysia, Singapore
2002 Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
2003 Bangkok and Vietnam
2004 Northern Thailand & Cambodia
Please bear with me while I build my pages for these places. I am quite new here and these things take time. I have a lot of photos to scan and a lot of information to write up. At present I think my Angkor Wat page is my best with some good tips and photos are in the travelogues.
On return from this years trip I shall seriously update my Vietnam pages, particularly for the areas where my previous information has been sketchy.
No time scale:
A big trip to Australia (maybe 3 months)
The advent of low cost airlines here in Europe, and some that actually fly from my local airport, means that day trips and weekend breaks to European cities are now very affordable.
Our local airport is Birmingham and at present there are only two budget airlines flying here. I am sure that in future there will be many more and that choice will become available to the residents of the West Midlands.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 232 Reviews
- 272 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- jmmorgan and nygaston are now friends.
- Commented on Angelal's profile page
- Wrote a Review Ancient meets modern in Da Lat Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "The place to stay"
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: Re: transit in bangkok."
- updated a Hoi An Travel Page "Hoi An = Tranquility"
updated their Profile Page "A Life in the English Midlands"
Top 10 Pages
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 29 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laos Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 16 reviews, 13 photos
- Nha Trang Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hue Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue