"A Life in the English Midlands" jmmorgan's Profile

About Me

I live in the Staffordshire village of Kinver which is about 6 miles from the town of Stourbridge. In due course I will upload some info on Kinver so that you can all see what a wonderful place I live in. I will also attempt some pages about this unique area of England that I was born and have always lived in. It is an area steeped in cultural history.

Only in the last 10 years since I married have I been able to travel. How I envy those who give up their work, pack a bag and go travelling for extended periods of time. I wish I could have done that when I was younger. Now I shall plan to do it in retirement and visit every page on VT while I make my plans.

I am blessed with a wonderful husband in Tony, who is my travelling companion, and who enjoys the places we visit as much as I do and never complains when I ask him to carry my bag because it is too heavy.

Destinations

2001 Malaysia, Singapore
2002 Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
2003 Bangkok and Vietnam
2004 Northern Thailand & Cambodia
Please bear with me while I build my pages for these places. I am quite new here and these things take time. I have a lot of photos to scan and a lot of information to write up. At present I think my Angkor Wat page is my best with some good tips and photos are in the travelogues.
On return from this years trip I shall seriously update my Vietnam pages, particularly for the areas where my previous information has been sketchy.

Where to next?

No time scale:
A big trip to Australia (maybe 3 months)
New Zealand
The Galapagos
Peru

The advent of low cost airlines here in Europe, and some that actually fly from my local airport, means that day trips and weekend breaks to European cities are now very affordable.
Our local airport is Birmingham and at present there are only two budget airlines flying here. I am sure that in future there will be many more and that choice will become available to the residents of the West Midlands.

• Intro Updated May 8, 2004

• Jul 31, 2006 at 8:20 PM

We're coming through Kinver in Sept 07 on a narrowboat. What to do? Lived in Laos & Thailand for 6+ yrs. Fluent both lang. May have something to share.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2006 at 7:50 AM

Best wishes for your Birthday, Jean! Enjoy!

• Feb 25, 2006 at 12:40 AM

Hi Jean! Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day,best wishes, Maria :)

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 7:03 AM

Hi Jean! Hope you have a Happy Happy Birthday and the coming year will be your Best Ever! Greetings & Best Wishes from North Carolina! ;-)

• mirjana51's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 4:05 AM

Go with the flow ! :)) Have a fun ! Happy Birthday to you Jean ! Cheers !

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 6:22 PM

Birthday greetings from "the big smoke". loved your southeast Asia pages. fergy.

• BlicBloc's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 9:46 AM

Agree wholeheartedly with your accurate RV of Tanjung Aru - my wife and I make our 2nd visit there this month. Romanticism personified! Add Mongolia to your list & visit before it is spoiled.

• Jun 11, 2004 at 8:24 AM

Greetings From A Fellow West Midlander.Good Health And Continued Happy Travels.

• biggeorge's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2004 at 2:50 PM

Cheers for the comment , I get bored with writing guide book stuff so just dribble out any old rubbish, its much more fun.

• 78Eva's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2004 at 10:58 AM

Thanks for your comment. Yes, those books were fun to read... Impressive travelling on your part!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jmmorgan's Profile Photo

jmmorgan

“go with the flow - follow the locals”

Real Name