"Memories of Moscow" Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow by Canadienne
Moscow Travel Guide: 4,140 reviews and 9,627 photos
St. Petersburg teems with palaces, museums, beautiful architecture and historical interest. However, Moscow is nearly three times the age and, as we walked its streets and explored its churches and neighbourhoods, the increased richness of treasures became apparent to us.
Before the trip, my mother was fairly concerned that Moscow would be a disappointment after experiencing the "Window on the West" that is St. Petersburg. But, from the moment we arrived, we instantly felt a spark with the older, larger city. . .we felt at home.
The memories I will treasure most:
*The parks and squares ~ poor weather might have ruined this one, but we were graced with sunny, warm days. . .and the parks and squares were full of activity and cheer
*The glorious churches ~ colours candy-bright or faded with age, doors open as museums or closed for repairs. . .old or new, big or small, the churches of Moscow (and there are lots of them) are undeniably beautiful
*Zamoskvoreche and Kitai Gorod neighbourhoods ~ these areas call out to be explored on foot, every side street and alley holding some architectural treasure
*The Kremlin ~ the surprising core of the city. . .our images of a dark and dreary Soviet-style state were changed forever
*Moscow Metro ~ the luxurious Palaces for the People don't disappoint. . .I have yet to see anything else quite like it
It's hard for me to pinpoint what appeals about a given place. . .sometimes they beckon you to return and explore further. . .Moscow's calling. . . ;-)
The Trinity Monastery of St. Sergius is located approximately 75 kilometres north-eat of Moscow. You can reach it by bus... more travel advice
Gostinyy Dvor was designed (1790) to be a two-story open gallery for merchants or traders. As funds were made available... more travel advice
- See All Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- See All Russian Dolls
- See All I Scream, You Scream. . .
- See All Red Square at Night
Canadienne's Related Pages
Moscow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Moscow..."
- "Memories of Moscow"
- "Moscow is my Universe"
- "Mother Russia"
- "Marvellous Moscow"
- "Moscow - Thrilling capital of Russia"
- "MOSCOW !!! MOCKBA !!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moscow
- Hotels in Moscow
- Transportation in Moscow
- Nightlife in Moscow
- Restaurants in Moscow
- Shopping in Moscow
- Warnings and Dangers in Moscow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moscow
- 115 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moscow
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Re: Reasons to love India"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Architecture ~ Polytechnical Museum"
- updated a Moscow Travel Page "Memories of Moscow"
- Wrote a Review Trinity Monastery of St. Sergius about Outside Moscow in Moscow Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Canadienne's Moscow travel pages
Photos in MoscowSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 113 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 115 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 126 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bhuj Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bundi Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peterhof Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Sydney Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue