"Pavlovsk" Pavlovsk by Canadienne

Pavlovsk Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 34 photos

My mother and I visited Pavlovsk on a day trip from St. Petersburg. We spent the morning in Pushkin (actually until about 2:30), then came to the grounds of Pavlovsk for a wander before heading back to town.

I can't comment on the palace, as we had really exhausted our interest in imperial apartments ;-), but the grounds were quite enjoyable. We also didn't really explore any of the surrounding village, due to weather and timing.

Pavlovsk is only ten minutes or so away from Pushkin, so they do combine nicely into one day.

• Last visit to Pavlovsk: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 18, 2003

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2008 at 12:53 PM

I like the environs of St.Petersburg too!

• jillzi's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2004 at 1:10 PM

Great job on a place I know nothing about. Thanks for the education.

• liusia's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 8:26 PM

Don't worry, I don't think anyone has ever had nice weather for Pavlovsk...I think there is a permanent raincloud over it, like there was over Tsar Paul ;-)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2003 at 1:12 PM

a nice insight with good tips and pics

• tagalonggal's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2003 at 1:00 AM

I shall never look at statues in quite the same way! ;-) The car and driver sound like a great way to save time and get to the sites outside St. Petersburg. Thanks for a great page, lovely photos.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 2:26 AM

Beautiful photos of the grounds and its buildings! Thanks for the virtual walk around this palace!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 8:25 PM

I've noticed shiney spots on my statues at other places too! Like you said ..It must be for luck! Pavlovsk looks quite interesting!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 12:48 PM

another interesting excursion from St.Petersburg ! Great to see so many relicts of the pre-communiste-times survive the different revolutions...

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2003 at 4:51 AM

Too many palaces in a trip can be a little overwhelming :-) Wise choice! I won't have a chance here but may be in the future :-)

Badges & Stats in Pavlovsk

Have you been to Pavlovsk?

Latest Activity in Pavlovsk