"Peterhof (Peter's Court)" Top 5 Page for this destination Peterhof by Canadienne

Peterhof Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 245 photos

Located in the town of Petrodvorets, Peterhof is the oldest, and most famous, of the Imperial palaces surrounding St. Petersburg.

When the water supply is running (approximately May to October), the ensemble of the fountains is a beautiful sight. It's worth a daytrip from the city, but I recommend skipping the hydrofoil.

• Last visit to Peterhof: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 19, 2003

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Hi, Stevie! It was great experience for me to visit that place too !

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 11:22 PM

We went to Peterhof as part of our Russian tour. I thoroughly enjoyed it ;-)

• american_tourister's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2004 at 5:38 AM

We took a private guide and bus and it cost us about $150.00 each for a full day. Money well spent. Petherhof is wonderful, especially the pyramid fountain.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 8:43 AM

Wonderful Palace, great gardens with beautiful fountains. Unfortunately I had no time to visit peterhof when I was in St petersburg. May be next time.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 3:34 PM

a really great page about one of my favorite places in Russia ! I saw it last time in 1985, when the hydrofoil-ride was just about 30 roubls and St.Petersburg was still Leningrad...

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 8:22 PM

Did you know that Peter the Great behaved liked a freakish pig by English standards during his 1690s visit to Whitehall Palace? You heard it here!

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 3:32 PM

Lovely page on one of my favourite places!!! Brought back fond memories of my first trip outside India!!! A great day out but I went by bus in 1993!!!!!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 8:07 AM

LOL those booties tapochki were the same what we used to wear entering the Oporation room! Beautiful page and fun, thanks Stevie dear :-)

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 1:27 PM

Stern words from the bootie matrons--oh my.

• Sep 27, 2003 at 12:44 PM

I thought Peterhof... thinking... hey that's Dutch... and where is it... Russia. Wonderful world!

Badges & Stats in Peterhof

Have you been to Peterhof?

Latest Activity in Peterhof