"Calm & Quiet Bassi" Bassi by Canadienne

Bassi Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 8 photos

My travel tips on Bassi actually focus on a town called Bijaipur, which is located about 15km south of Bassi. It's home to a heritage hotel. . .and that's about it. :-)

The hotel offered tours into the surrounding countryside, to see the farms and landscape, and also to drop in on some rural industries.

The manner in which is was presented, with what seemed to be a lack of respect for the people that we visited, pretty much turned me off of the place. Between that aspect and the stifling isolation of the hotel. . .I can't say that I recommend a trip to Bijaipur.

• Last visit to Bassi: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2003

• craic's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2004 at 11:48 AM

How awkward! But the poppies are beautiful.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 6:03 PM

A very interesting page on your experiences! I can see how you would have been so uncomfortable with how the tour was conducted - especially after your previous experiences in India!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 9:24 PM

The poppy field is nice though :-) So, did u take off your shoes?

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2004 at 12:21 PM

You can wear your shoes when you visit my home!!! No restrictions on wearing shoes inside my house!!! Sorry about how some people take tourism as a job but don't try to understand what the tourist wants or expects!!!

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 8:43 PM

a great page on a city in India's most colourful state

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2003 at 1:39 PM

Sounds like an interesting tour. It's too bad you didn't have a more considerate guide! I hope you didn't tip him!! Those Poppy Fields look so beautiful!

Badges & Stats in Bassi